Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just picked up a 95 900ss after i sold my SC1K ....have read and learnt a fair bit about them from this forum.

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
:yeah:Nice new to you bike! :cool: What grips are those? they look nice and thin.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
i like it, and so oem! beautiful bike.

good for you, and congrats.

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
That's a damn nice bike. I REALLY like it. BUT.......now we gotta put up with your ass in ths Supersport forum. There goes the freakin neighborhood.:D

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
By the way, your front brake rotor has a gnarly ass line running through it. Get that shit checked out.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a damn nice bike. I REALLY like it. BUT.......now we gotta put up with your ass in ths Supersport forum. There goes the freakin neighborhood.:D
you know i'm saving up to go back to the states on holidays again , you are on my list of people to vist :p

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi, just picked up a 95 900ss after i sold my SC1K ....have read and learnt a fair bit about them from this forum.

Corks, you damn turncoat...and after all that work and modding, to dump your Sport.

Nice looking SS, though...at least you didn't get one of those fugly Terblanche SSs.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just out of curiosity what differences are you finding between the SS and SC?
The sale of the SC was caused by fiancial issues so not much i could do about that.

The 900ss motor as expected is ruffer than the 1000DS motor - its slower to spin up (yet im not sure i would go lightened flywheel), less smooth especially at low rpm (the DS would spin down and up as low as 2k rpm, you can feel the 900ss is not really smooth until 3k rpm, the DS is more torquey and powerfull). The gear box on the SC1k was very nice and smoother than the 900ss. On my SC1k with the 748 calipers, the brakes felt better. The SC1k felt flickier and flightier whereas the 900ss feels more stable

So I sounds like I'm bagging the 900ss, but these are honest observations.

Having said that, I'm enjoying the 900ss took it out on a country run the other other day and had a ball and i certainly don't feel short-changed in the fun department.

hope all that makes sense :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
couple of questions

I have fitted the a MPL Tuning clutch slave cylinder as the old one was shagged - feels alot nicer but the bike is now a prick to get into neutral at a stop - just flicks between 1s and 2nd until eventually it won''t shift out of 1st.

I understand that the larger slave cylinder can exacerbate this problem - is there anything i can do about it? I'm getting some Pazzo lever fitted will they help and i understand there is some adjustment in that screw in the brake assembly (Not sure of it proper name but the one that is araldited over)

And can somebody tell me please the range of adjustments on both the forks and shock (compression and rebound) and also what the factory settings were.

Make it 3 questions - how do i pull the stock bar end plugs out of the clipons - doesnt seem to be any screws holding them in so it is it a matter of grip and yank ???

cheers Dave

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stuff done so far

as mentioned low kays :)Wasnt to struck on the carbon fibre dash - dont mind it now and the weave matches (nice)

cheesey but some of the most comfy grips i've ever used (apparently they cry if you squeeze them too hard tho:) PS that sticky tape covering the light on/off switch looks crap - did there used to a plastic cover there instead??

gutted stock pipes for a nice sound - not as loud as the sc1k was

already had a 14t front sprocket fitted and i picked up a s/h but in good nick 38t rear

oil cooler guard off a local company

well worth the money

replaced the shagged stock one

be rattly, be loud

better make it look pretty then

bit more functional - braided brake and clutch lines

·
Registered
536 Posts
Make it 3 questions - how do i pull the stock bar end plugs out of the clipons - doesnt seem to be any screws holding them in so it is it a matter of grip and yank ???

cheers Dave
take the cap off the other end of the clip on and then stick a rod or dowel into the bar and tap it out from the inside with a mallet.

(nice bike btw.)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
these

plus this

make for much nicer shifting and i can now get into neutral much easier at standstill
:D
big thanks to waspsie for helping put them on and a gratuitous random pic

·
Registered
589 Posts
Beautiful Bike

and it definitely stands out in the last picture amongst those dark bikes. Gorgeous!!! My 95 does not have the third gage (temp)?? Where to get? Do you think important to have temp or voltage as the third gage?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
interesting thaat you say your 95 doesnt have a oil temp gauge , my understanding was from 95 onwards they had the extra gauge - maybe yours is a late 94 ????

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
new bling and fitment

first up some wavy rotors bought locally , compared to the stock rotors, they weight 442 grams less.

and also locally picked up a s/h ohlins shock

So headed up to waspie today to get them fitted - greg and tez gracious as always - coffee and biscuits non-stop:)

rotors first and they fitted with zero probs what so ever both on the rims and into the calipers

and then on to shockie - fitted quite easily with the right tools and greg doing most of the work - fitted it first checked everything pulled it out and adjusted up the preload (to give around 35mm of sag) and wound the height adjuster out 3mm to give ruffly 10mm extra (ohlins is slightly longer than showa even with ride height adjuster wound in) length/ride-height, and then refitted

all ready to rock - both brakes and shockie feel better, but will ride it abit more before giving a better description

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Nice bike! I think your pics convinced me to put the Agip stickers on mine. What's the story on the Marchesini stickers on the wheels? I thought the three-spoke SS wheels were made by Brembo (though I believe they are now owned by the same company).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts