Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just bought a 2012 SF 848.

Had many bikes over the years, road and race. Always wanted a Duc though, so here she is.

Lots of small mods coming.

Already ordered:

GB Racing engine covers
Eazi-grip pro
Sprint filter

Ordering satin carbon today and maybe a gear indicator next week.

Will post all of my stuff in the "what have you done to your SF today"

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good to see more Aus presence on here.
and some more Streetfighter love :laugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice welcome from another PSBer
Cheers. Unfortunately the local track has been closed for a while due to safety issues.

Going from my 2015 R1 to the SF I can tell you I'm all smiles. Sooo much fun without the aching wrists at the end of the day.

First bit of maintenance. Change the rear tyre. It's a basically new Pirelli Diablo rosso II, but has a brand new S21 on the front, and I really don't like tyre brand mismatches.

There will be a rear tyre available in Perth next week if anyone wants one?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Welcome Jb, sweet bike you've got. I always had a soft spot for the SF's; beautiful, edgy and raw.

Just one Q, are you a Jack Miller fanboy as well? >:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Jb, sweet bike you've got. I always had a soft spot for the SF's; beautiful, edgy and raw.

Just one Q, are you a Jack Miller fanboy as well? >:)[/QUOTE

Cheers for the welcome.

Aren't all Aussies Jack Miller fans? Well most maybe. What with Casey pre maturely leaving we're not left with too much talent in the premier class. We have Wayne Gardner's son, Remy, in Moto2 but I'm not a fan. I've scrutineered at the Philip Island MotoGP quite a few times and his old man cold shouldered so many fans and volunteers it was ridiculous. Very disappointing when he was an idol when I was a kid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi JB
i lived in Perth for 20 years left 3yrs ago
pity to hear Barbagello shut, have flicked a few bikes round their! fun track.
i also did a few ride days down at Collie, is that still running?
has anything further happened with the possible track at BunBury?
sad to hear about your experience with Gardner, he took me on his boat down the south of France, whilst their for Paul Ricard track, though i had herd he had snuffed a few people.
I have 900ss
996s in rebuild
916 completely parts
and presently doing modifications to my Kz1300
i always got good mileage out of Michelin pilots, avg on 996 was 5000ks 1098 well that was borrowed before i found out
anyways hope you do well with the Duc they grow on you
Dion

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts