Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking around for the past few weeks and finally joined. My name is Shaun and I'm from Glendale, CA. I just bought an '09 Sport1000 for my first street bike and I'm loving it! There's a ton of knowledge and info on here and I look forward to learning more and hope to contribute as well.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Welcome, Shaun from Glendale, CA. I'm Shaun from Atlanta, GA. There are several SC owners in your area and some of the best riding in the country. Have fun!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome mate, nice first street bike you have there....you'll always remember your first:)

g.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome aboard Shaun. Start setting aside cash for mods.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
3 weeks in on my first Duc.

Hey Shaun, I am also cutting my teeth on all things Ducati. 3 weeks in with a Sport 1000 and already a few C notes in mods. Lurking definitely had my shopping list half a page long.
Had some "popping" on deceleration on the test ride and ride home, would not have thought much of it, but bought a Fat Duc O2 and it is no longer a problem. Saw the rear fender air space, bought a GTRossi "touring" hugger. (Thanks for the fitment Help GTR.) Definitely reduced road sling off the rear tire. Trying to figure out which center stand is for the '09 Sport 1000, (my VIN comes up as a GT1000, insurance too.) Bought Front/Rear and frame sliders, done my fair share of Driveway dumps. On the fence about steering dampers, searching for a 1000s-esque type vs. side of bike. My friend way ride think its a Long stretch to the bars, but next to my road bicycle, its fine. I took "flyscreen" off my list though, like the wind aided prop I get at speed. After 10 yrs on a Beemer, still stabbing the right handgrip looking for the right turn-signal.
Question for the masses... Does any Sport 1K owners handle bar have the start button up against the tank on right steering lock?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome Shaun! Nice choice.... time for mods!~:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome mate, this site has all the information you will need to help you on your merry way, if this dosent have it it not worth having.

Stay upright

vale

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

NExE, yes, at full right lock my starter button will hit the tank. However, I realized this weekend that my tank is starting to spread:mad: so that could be part of it.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Add me to the YES column

SRS, Just took a second look @ the tank right side. It is in the Bracket, just barely. <300 miles and my first warrenty claim. Did you take the extended Factory Warrenty @ time of Purchase?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Question for the masses... Does any Sport 1K owners handle bar have the start button up against the tank on right steering lock?
Nope, that shouldn't happen. If bars are mounted correctly and you are getting contact, maybe adjust the steering stop on the frame. Also, if the bike has been dropped the tab may be bent.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SRS, Just took a second look @ the tank right side. It is in the Bracket, just barely. <300 miles and my first warrenty claim. Did you take the extended Factory Warrenty @ time of Purchase?
Yes, I got an extended warranty. However, since I bought the bike a week ago this would fall under the factory warranty. ProItalia is going to shim the brackets. They recommended waiting to make the warranty claim.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
welcome aboard! glad to see new faces :)

there's a ton of info here on the spreading tank issue - and yes, insufficient clearance at full lock is a pretty clear sign of tank spread...

you shouldn't have to worry about it from a warranty standpoint as they're replacing them routinely. the big question is when will they come up with a replacement that won't continue to spread!

other than that, enjoy the bike and put lots of miles on it while you can :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts