Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike will not start in gear. Kick stand up or down does not matter.

Pull in the clutch in first gear to start and nothing. Have to go to neutral every time.

Where do I start?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Bike will not start in gear. Kick stand up or down does not matter.

Pull in the clutch in first gear to start and nothing. Have to go to neutral every time.

Where do I start?
is normal for the hypertard not to start when kickstand is down and bike is in gear.

as for not starting when in gear and kickstand is up ... perhaps a faulty sensor or loose wire on the kickstand sensor?

very difficult to diagnose over the intraweb ... perhaps others here will venture opinions.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Agree with john, check out the side stand switch, follow it through to the plug in the loom, you can disable it with a piece of wire to test it, just make sure you are NOT in gear or if in gear you have you clutch in or it will ride off by itself.

Do some simple tests, sometimes the stand switch can be faulty.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called the guy who always works on my bike. He said check the little switch under the clutch lever. Said the little metal tabs will get hung or the connector comes loose.

Metal tab it was. He said it's pretty common.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Damn. I'm glad mine was built on a Wednesday... Almost two full years and 17,000 miles, a couple track days, two trips to Laguna, and ZERO problems. Now, where's a piece of wood I can knock on........

·
Registered
441 Posts
Damn. I'm glad mine was built on a Wednesday... Almost two full years and 17,000 miles, a couple track days, two trips to Laguna, and ZERO problems. Now, where's a piece of wood I can knock on........
Its too late:D Murphy will be on ya back now till something shits itself:eek:kEEP US INFORMED:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts