Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

didn't want to spent more thant 100 USD for a piece of mesh which is 10 times its real value .... But anyway, with the Ducati accessories it's common !

So I decided to use a simple Mesh plate which will be fixed by a strap

Once Cut (a little bit longer, so the mesh can you under the radiator to be hold in place)

The protection is only appplied on the radiator and the strap maintain everything in place

I find the result very nice and not so visible as the protection you find to buy...

So it's notan aluminium protection, it means, that perhaps in 6 months It'll be a little rusty ....( I think on the Commercial protection, the paint won't last longuer) ... But after a new paint, it 'll be as new ....... And this cost not more thatn 7 USD

·
Registered
181 Posts
Awesome. We need more inexpensive options to the high priced mods offered. Where did you get the mesh screen?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Whilst i admire your mod & your quest to find something cheaper i have the following points.

I assume this is the mesh that is available to also make car grilles etc etc.

While this may look the same i have used similar mesh in the past & its very malleable & as soon as a decent stone hits it it will puncture. I,m not wanting to piss on your chips or spoil your thread but the original R&G ones are a lot thicker & will take a good battering. I used the mesh you are using for my air duct mod as i feel it will be ok here , but as a protection for the rad i would be careful.

Paying 7 quid may seem good in the short term but later on you may find you need to lash out 200 quid for a new rad. I decided i would buy the real tackle this time as i have also fallen foul of the cheaper option. In some instances its ok but 200 miles from home with a busted rad is not an option i am willing to risk

Ta

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you're right, some mesh are very maleable.... but here I found one with a quite strong resistance and was pretty hard to bend in the right position .... But perhas you're right ...a big big stone could go through ....we'll see ! In any cas, I don't like the look of the mesh you can buy ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts