Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope no one minds me posting this. Like last time this is a true freebie with no strings attached. This time it is for a one year subscription to Sport Rider.

To sign up (and do it quickly before they run out!) just go to this link for the Roadgear Newsletter. There hit the link for the free Sport Rider Subscription offer. Fill in the form and wallah! Your signed up.

It is worth noting that I am just the bearer of the good news, not its source. Thanks has to go to Roadgear's CEO, Mansoor Shafi.

Here is the link: http://www.roadgear.com/?page=CMSPage&PHPSESSID=91abb05260896ba49756c6bd812794ed&id=256#informationa

-don

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thank you AGAIN Don!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got an email from Roadgear about this. As with Backhome77, I haven't yet got the Motorcyclist mag I signed up for, but I did Sport Rider just now too. I'm sure it takes several weeks at least to get through the system.

Thanks Don.

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got an email from Roadgear about this. As with Backhome77, I haven't yet got the Motorcyclist mag I signed up for
I've been getting them regularly and have several friends who signed up. If you didn't get yours it may have been that you were too late (they limited the offer to, if memory serves, 15,000 subs). But of course it could have been a slip up. If this happens with the SportRider mag I'd email Mansoor at Roadgear. He'll want to know and if his staff can something about it I expect they will. He's that kind of guy.

-don

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just got my first edition of Motorcyclist last week. And my mom told me nothing in life was free?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just got my first issue Motorcyclist - for free, cant wait for Sport Rider.:)
Thank you Road Gear and Don for the heads up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I started getting Motor Trend magazine (yes the car magazine) soon after I signed up.:confused:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Signed up for both mags and have gotten a couple of issues of Motorcyclist. Maybe they'll really screw up and send me Penthouse!

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started getting Motor Trend magazine (yes the car magazine) soon after I signed up.:confused:
Not surprising, really. The publishers of print magazines are facing a dilemma. Readership is off as more and more people turn to the web. The magazines depend on having a large readership - not for the direct income generated by subscription or newsstand sales - but from advertising. And advertisers determine where they spend their bucks on both the number of readers and (as important) the type of reader a publication reaches.

That is why deals such as the one Mansoor Shafi of Roadgear arranges for are doable. His client base - people like we Ducati.ms members - are just the ones moto mag publishers want on their subscription lists. We are passionate, knowledgeable, and devote more than a little of our hard earned dollars to our vehicular obsessions.

I've stopped receiving all the many, many subscriptions I used to regularly get. (Used to be more than a dozen) No more news mags for instance. No more photo or nature mags. Certainly no more Newspapers. (The Boston Globe. Yuck!) But I read each of the freebie auto and motorcycle mags I receive pretty much from cover to cover. Yes, even the ads if they are interesting. The publishers know that about people like me. And, I suspect, about you too. :D

-don

·
Registered
985 Posts
I hope that the editorial content of these magazines does not dimish as paid readership goes away. It would be a shame if they became just more throw away advertising.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just got my first issue of Motorcyclist last week, so I'm sure Sport Rider will be coming soon.

Don, thank you again for the heads up!

·
Registered
203 Posts
The problem is, I get Motor Trend instead of Motorcyclist, not in addition to...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts