Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is at the dealer today for full exhaust installation, Ducati issued further recall on fork. ALL streetfighters are to be impounded and not ridden until recall is performed. Mine was one that shipped AFTER the first recall had been performed at the factory. This sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just picked up my SF last Thursday. I had to wait a few xtra days for a new shock due to latest recall. Dealer said that a bulletin was issued specifying additional VINs affected. Sucks they IMPOUNDED your bike though! Is that even legal?

·
Bon Vivant
11,444 Posts
Yep mine is affected too, probably a good thing because my right fork lower snapped like a cracker when I installed the wheel after a new tire. (14 ft-lbs of torque)
Glad I wasn't riding it!!! :eek:

Now the bike will sit in the basement until I get a call from the dealer that a new fork leg is in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just picked up my SF last Thursday. I had to wait a few xtra days for a new shock due to latest recall. Dealer said that a bulletin was issued specifying additional VINs affected. Sucks they IMPOUNDED your bike though! Is that even legal?
I am in the automotive business, the fed's actually issue the recall so impounding is legal. Most times a waiver can be signed but, that does not really cover the dealer. In fact, they are supposed to pick up the bikes rather than have the customer ride it in. It's just a HUGE pain in the ass, especially since mine passed the "inspection" from the factory AFTER the first recall was issued. This recall was supposed to have been issued just last night, by the way. I would love to know if this is true, since I made the appt last week and that would have allowed PLENTY of time for the new fork to arrive so I would not have had to wait.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer told me that they put a hold on all of them. Might want to call your dealer and see. Mine is an S.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dealer told me that they put a hold on all of them. Might want to call your dealer and see. Mine is an S.
It should just be S models. The Ohlins are the culprit again. The recall has been around for over a week now...or at least my dealer told me about it a week or so ago. Sucks because I JUST had my fork lowers anodized black! Now I have to have the lower redone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in the automotive business, the fed's actually issue the recall so impounding is legal. Most times a waiver can be signed but, that does not really cover the dealer. In fact, they are supposed to pick up the bikes rather than have the customer ride it in. It's just a HUGE pain in the ass, especially since mine passed the "inspection" from the factory AFTER the first recall was issued. This recall was supposed to have been issued just last night, by the way. I would love to know if this is true, since I made the appt last week and that would have allowed PLENTY of time for the new fork to arrive so I would not have had to wait.
When I said I picked up my bike last Thursday, I meant Aug. 13. So I think the recall was at least a couple weeks ago. Unless there's now a third one that says ALL SF (S models). Anyways, everyone be warned...call your dealer now before you service the bike for something else and have it impounded. And especially before the darn thing cracks!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spoke to my dealer this am. Only S models are affected on this new recall
Chris
Did he happen to say when the recall was issued?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just got off the phone with DNA and they informed me that this is only affecting the previous recalled bikes. I also gave them my VIN and they verified that my bike was not part of this recall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine had the fork leg replaced in the first recall. Is it part of this recall too? My bike is at the shop now having the full system installed. I called and the girl in sales told me it was ready to go! I had hoped after a weekend of riding to report if the extra $3k :eek: fixed the fueling problem. Now I wonder if they will call me back and tell me I can't get the bike........:mad:

Korean assembly plant aside, the new BMW 1000 is looking better and better.................

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just got off the phone with DNA and they informed me that this is only affecting the previous recalled bikes. I also gave them my VIN and they verified that my bike was not part of this recall.
My bike was post recall but I called the dealer today and they said mine needed replacing. They ordered the part and then told me to RIDE it over to have it replaced next week!!! :eek:

·
Bon Vivant
11,444 Posts
My bike goes in to get a new right fork on Wednesday.
You guys that need to get the recall done but haven't... I'd park it until you do!
This is dangerous, I'm lucky I wasn't riding this thing!

Oh before you all say I overtightened it - I do have a torque wrench and this was less than the required 14 ft-lbs!

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
:eek: That looks nasty!

Rode mine in to Ducati Seattle on Wed, 40 min later I was out the door with a new fork. Mine wasn't cracked and I had just done a 440 mile ride over the weekend, I feel a lot better knowing the fork has been replaced.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got mine replaced today. When I bought it they said it wasn't effected but my local dealer called last week and said Ducati was replacing all right fork legs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Is there a visible difference in the new part? If so, can somebody post a picture of it please?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts