Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that we have sorted the fact that the previous owner removed all of the flapper assembly, is there a way i can tell if he installed the race cams :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Without breaking the bike bike down and inspecting them your best bet would be to find another hyper and run them side by side at idle and at rpm's. But, even to an untrained person this may be difficult.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without breaking the bike bike down and inspecting them your best bet would be to find another hyper and run them side by side at idle and at rpm's. But, even to an untrained person this may be difficult.
i thought that might be the case. i was just wondering if there was some code in the readout that shows up when you use a diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is there possibly a different stream thats shows on the dash when the cams & ECU have been installed? I will check mine when I can as I have that setup.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you take off the right side fairing you should be able to read the ECU part number. The different versions are listed in other threads.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine sows Hypermotard Racing PWR I should have checked the bike with full system also will check it this morning.

·
Registered
236 Posts
mine says hypermotard racing pwr too
i have full termi and cams installed

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
The 2-1 ECU reads racing EVO on the display, not sure what the Cams ECU reads.I do know a lot of people bought the cam kit only to install the ECU for more fuel after installing an aftermarket exhaust.I think the only real way to find out if the cams are installed would be to mount a degree wheel and see when the valves are opening/closing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So it looks like the full system ECU reads EVO & the cam ECU reads Racing PWR. Your original request was some method of knowing if you had the cams installed. This is not with out exception but it would appear that if they did install the cams they did not change the ECU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts