Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike: 2004 ST3.

This has happened a few times. I don't know what solved the problem the first time, but this time it hasn't gone away. I can't reset my trip meter. I press the A button for several seconds and it just doesn't reset. My clock is settable (i.e. the A button works. My headlight beam height adjustment also works (i.e. another indication that it isn't the button.)

I'd really like to be able to calculate mileage... Anyone else have this problem and predictably solve it?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Sperho: Hopefully it's under warranty...If so, RUN to your DUC dealer. Sounds like it's the unit, since you know the switch works...

·
Registered
233 Posts
The first time kept pushing and then used the other button to go through the functions, then it worked. Second time would not reset and I left it. Third time it did reset but I am not sure why/what the combination was.
I will add it to the list of stuff that is wrong with it!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have temp. fix and permanent one

with the odo displayed press and hold A & B down at the same time. after 3 or 4 seconds the trip odo will reset. Then call your dealer and get a new dash on waranty, there is a problem with '04s.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Mine just started doing the same thing: can't reset the trip meter. All other functions are fine. My display is also showing the small "wrench" symbol because it was not reset at the dealer for my 600 mile service. I wonder if the two are related? The trip reset problem surfaced at about 1800 miles.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Sometimes my trip odometer will reset immediately, other times I have to wait a few seconds. Sometimes I have to remove my glove and press with my bare finger to make sure I am pressing hard enough. I have never had to press the A and B buttons at the same time. I press B to get to the trip odometer, then release B and press A to get it to zero. I never use the other functions and miss the simplicity of the 02-03 dashboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with mine from new, dash was replaced 4 times, I now have a 34,000km bike with only 20,000 showing, but thats by the by, try removing the dash fuse for about 5 minuets. I was playing with my fuse box a while ago and had the fuse out and when I replaced it, the dash would not even cycle through all of it's functions; pulled the fuse for 5 mins and it reset it's self and all is fine.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
mbohn said:
Mine just started doing the same thing: can't reset the trip meter. All other functions are fine. My display is also showing the small "wrench" symbol because it was not reset at the dealer for my 600 mile service. I wonder if the two are related? The trip reset problem surfaced at about 1800 miles.
Update: operator error. Somehow I did it right the first 10 tanks and then I could no longer press the right buttons. Fortunately, my dealer pointed out the correct way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.