Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been trying to solve a leak near the clutch slave. I’ve replaced the slave, the clutch rod seals, and the bearing is good as the rod spins freely. Looks like the fluid leaking is clutch fluid. I can see the leak from the bottom of the clutch slave. What am I missing on this leak? Been months of tying to figure it out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you have replaced the clutch cylinder seal and you still have a clutch fluid leak then either the new seal is bad, the piston or cylinder in which it slides is scored or the clutch fluid is leaking from somewhere else, most likely the bleed nipple or the line connection point. You have checked everything else. I've not had to do this job (yet). Is the clutch piston seal a one-way type that has to be fitted in the correct direction? If so, did you put it in the correct way around?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an Oberon clutch slave. There is no o ring that fits with it. So slave goes on the pushrod only. Should there be an o ring there? Oberon seems to say theirs is embedded in the slave but what keeps the slave and crank case connection from leaking there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts