Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. My Annitori QS should be arriving today and I will be installing it ASAP. I would like to know what you guys have the kill time and sensitivity set to? Also, if you have mods that would affect the setting, please post it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just basically installed it and went. I didn't play too much with the settings and it was fine.

Reactions: SwiftTone

·
Registered
227 Posts
I left mine at the stock settings as well. Works great. Installed it in the tail as I have the Rapidbike under the seat.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the QS but will not start. Installed the blanking plug into the harness and it starts, so I know the connections are all okay. Also reset the brain by disconnecting it from the battery for a min and reconnected.

Noticed the brain gets extremely hot while hooked up to battery

Already emailed Paul at Annitori.

Any ideas in the mean time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check your ground wire. Get a good unpainted part of the frame if you can. Mine is under the fuse box mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have both positive and negative to the battery which according to the instructions is okay. Also, the brain is getting HOT which should mean that its getting power right?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have both positive and negative to the battery which according to the instructions is okay. Also, the brain is getting HOT which should mean that its getting power right?

Yeah...but it shouldn't be getting noticeably hot to the touch. Paul at Annitori is a good guy and will take care of you. I had a defective unit a couple years back and they helped me troubleshoot + replace as necessary.

Reactions: pmrobert

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah...but it shouldn't be getting noticeably hot to the touch. Paul at Annitori is a good guy and will take care of you. I had a defective unit a couple years back and they helped me troubleshoot + replace as necessary.
Paul is sending me a new module today. Very good customer service so far. Typically replies to my emails within the hour. Even replies on Saturday!

Have to wait another 2 days. #firstworldproblems

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah. He's helped me out in the beginning on the weekends to help me set things up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received a new control module and voila! it works!

The upshifts are pretty smooth almost all the time, but down shifts are not smooth most of the time. Working with Paul on smoothing things out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The problem with that is it doesn't do auto-blipping. You have the same cut duration and sensitivity for up and downshifts when it needs to be different. You'll end up sacrificing one way or the other; I'd recommend just focusing on the upshifts and do the normal clutch-blip-downshift.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The problem with that is it doesn't do auto-blipping. You have the same cut duration and sensitivity for up and downshifts when it needs to be different. You'll end up sacrificing one way or the other; I'd recommend just focusing on the upshifts and do the normal clutch-blip-downshift.
You can adjust up and Down shifts individually.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're right, you can. Sorry I had a brain fart; too many penguins on the iceberg. Are you trying to do clutchless downshifts?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What setting modification can you do to make the downshifts smoother? Also, my 1-2 shifts are very rough and if I'm booking it, it activates the traction control causing the bike to stutter hard.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What setting modification can you do to make the downshifts smoother? Also, my 1-2 shifts are very rough and if I'm booking it, it activates the traction control causing the bike to stutter hard.
Slipper clutch if I'm not mistaken. From what I hear, even bikes that come with QS from the factory are rough between 1-2

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Oh yeah, a slipper would surely sort that out. I kind of like doing the rev matching bit.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On the street and the track it's satisfying when you rev match perfectly. But on the track when you're setting up for a corner and you botch the rev match then it's scary. I guess I'm not skilled enough lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Slipper clutch will help all downshifts. The 1-2 will continue to be roughest due to the gearing gap and really can only be solved with a smart quick shifter that allows you to set individual gear cut times (that or change the gear ratios but that is $$$$$$$$$).

That said a slipper is not a cure all. When I'm aggressive in track I can get the rear end wagging and backing into the turn. The slipper just smoothed it out so it's not bouncing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts