Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

I went to my local barcelona Ducati ´guru´and asked about installing a QS and he strongly suggested I not. He's known for working on endurance series ducats and claims the QS systems chew up transmissions..
Im chomping at the bit and decided to ask you guys since you actually own SFs, not repair them. The only apprehension I have is going into 6th gear, i sometimes miss the gear and have to purposely think before i hard shift into it. I do maybe 4-5 track days at circuit de catalunya every year since owned.

So whats the verdict?

My Pompozza is a 2010 SFS with rexxer tune and termis with about 63,XXX kms/ 37,XXX miles.

Would you install a QS on her? (the bike in rear of pic, not my pitbabe)

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello all...

I went to my local barcelona Ducati ´guru´and asked about installing a QS and he strongly suggested I not. He's known for working on endurance series ducats and claims the QS systems chew up transmissions..
Im chomping at the bit and decided to ask you guys since you actually own SFs, not repair them. The only apprehension I have is going into 6th gear, i sometimes miss the gear and have to purposely think before i hard shift into it. I do maybe 4-5 track days at circuit de catalunya every year since owned.

So whats the verdict?

My Pompozza is a 2010 SFS with rexxer tune and termis with about 63,XXX kms/ 37,XXX miles.

Would you install a QS on her? (the bike in rear of pic, not my pitbabe)
1) You're gunna have a hell of a time keeping this thread on-topic posting pictures like that (pit babe foreground, hot bike background). Not complaining though.

2) Many members here (myself included) have the newest Annitori QS pro (which can be tuned remotely via Bluetooth) and it works like a charm. I honestly don't see a difference between how it performs and how the factory QS on my Aprilia performs. Different people will have different opinions but if the bike's tranny is working well now and the QS is set up correctly, I don't see how this QS would do any harm to your bike.

3) My POV on this is always that bikes (and maybe pit babes) are toys and that they should be treated accordingly. In other words, a quicksifter that makes the toy more fun is a no-brainer and so long as you install/tune it correctly, you shouldn't be too stressed about what ill effects MIGHT come of it. Worse case, throw more money at it and the problem goes away!

Reactions: mqduc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your mechanic is dead right. The Annitori qs pro will destroy your transmission which will destroy your motor within fractions of a second. Don't do it. And if you do, make sure your warranty covers you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your mechanic is dead right. The Annitori qs pro will destroy your transmission which will destroy your motor within fractions of a second. Don't do it. And if you do, make sure your warranty covers you.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I have been using the annitori for the last 4k miles and haven't had a single issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its like smoking, you might live to 90 smoking a pack a day but its more likely you will die from cancer. The software that makes annitori's system adjustable is hit or miss. Longevity of the drivetrain will also depend on how hard you ride and how often you use clutcless shifting. It's not worth it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Factory quick shifters work in the same way the annitori does and manufacturers are not known for equipping their bikes with components that destroy systems that they will have to warranty. Starting the bike is detrimental, it would last much longer if you just left it in the garage.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes, the dogs on the lower gears will wear faster as one should be using the clutch for shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, not the QS. From 2nd gear +, a correctly installed QS is fine and should not "destroy" your transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts