1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
aeolian:

Thanks for the post and pics.
Hidden Springs Cafe, RIP. Stopped there SOOOOO many times. :(
Glad to hear Newcomb's survived.
Did you get any scuttlebutt as to when The Forest would be reopened?

Ride safe!

C.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the link, that's some devastation.

For those that don't know, the fire grew in size to be more than twice the area of the City of Sacramento, CA.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wow.

What kind of bike is that btw?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It looks like a Honda XLR, most likely a 250. One of the best off-road bikes of all time, and that isn't just my opinion. ;)

6,048 Posts
Help Rebuild Hidden Springs Café

HELP REBUILD HIDDEN SPRINGS CAFÉ
After serving all of us like family for over 30 years, the Hidden Springs Café, on Angeles Forest Highway halfway between La Canada and Acton, has been burned out – a total loss. Now it’s our turn to help the Lewis family – Janice, Elva, Otis and Jim – to rebuild a way of life for them and a welcoming haven for motorcyclists.

The Southern California Norton Owners Club will be coordinating fundraisers. In the interim, donations can be sent to SCNOC, P.O. Box 61132, Pasadena, CA 91116-7132. Please make checks payable to SCNOC and include a notation re “Hidden Springs Café Rebuilding Fund”. The names of donors will be posted on the socalnorton.com website and forwarded to the Lewis family. Also, check the website for details on upcoming events.
We are in the process of setting up a PAYPAL account for this. I will post up on DM when it is ready

Let’s all chip in to support a family business that has supported bikers for a generation – at one of the nicest spots in the San Gabriel Mountains. Please visit their website hiddenspringscafe.homestead.com to leave a message.
Let’s all chip in to support a family business that has supported bikers for a generation – at one of the nicest spots in the San Gabriel Mountains. Please visit their website hiddenspringscafe.homestead.com to leave a message.

Any help you can provide, as individuals or through clubs, will be greatly appreciated. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
JC
Southern California Norton Owners Club
http://www.socalnorton.com
Questions/suggestions….? E-mail [email protected] or call Bib @ 626-791-0259 or join us at the monthly club meetings at Burger Continental in Pasadena or on the road.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Aeolian - Nice find on Advrider...thanks for the post.

JC - Nice addition. Haven't been out with the Norton guys for awhile. I'll be paying close attention to posts on their site...would love to help however I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts