Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts on quality and ride changes for these 2 fork cartridges. The Andreani one is less expensive at $595 and the Matris is on sale for $824. I've read the threads on the Hyperstrada site about the Andreani but haven't fount any reviews of the Matris.
Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on quality and ride changes for these 2 fork cartridges. The Andreani one is less expensive at $595 and the Matris is on sale for $824. I've read the threads on the Hyperstrada site about the Andreani but haven't fount any reviews of the Matris.
Thanks
I'm in the same boat bro. ZERO info on the Matris stuff. I have a steering damper on order from Bellisimoto whch will probably take a month or so to get here.

I'm also interested in cartridge upgrades and a rear shock upgrade but I'm not sure what my options are besides those two. Curious as to what the suspension gurus have to say.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What's the difference?....look into their potential...if your only upgrades are springs than so be it...but if one has valving and shim stack adjustment then its a better long term investment...I'm on ohlins and just tickling the limit of it's current valving...I don't need any more speed on a public road...so i took to only riding in the wet...lol...there's loads of adjustment in a stock shock that you should experience first...as in fluid viscosity and air spring...granted a cartridge is a big improvement over stock...I highly recommend it...you need to be honest with how long your going to ride it...top spec suspension parts only make sense riding on the limit.... anything less is just bragging rights...cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
What bike? I have the base 821 and did the Andreani forks(soon to do the shock) years ago and they are great. The SP ohlins fork on the 821/939 are the entry ohlins stuff. Given the tuanbility on order of the Andreani and Mantris outperform the Ohlins. We are talking about mass produced entry forms vs attention to detail internal upgrades(which is also why Andreani makes a kit for the Ohlins fork of the same bike). You order the cartridge along with the intended use as well as rider weight and they send you out the kit with specific springs and tunable valving. As far as the difference between the 2 brand of aftermarket, it is my understanding that there isn't much difference. If we are talking about the same bike make sure you are paying attention to the kits. Some kits are just for one leg.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What's the difference?....look into their potential...if your only upgrades are springs than so be it...but if one has valving and shim stack adjustment then its a better long term investment...I'm on ohlins and just tickling the limit of it's current valving...I don't need any more speed on a public road...so i took to only riding in the wet...lol...there's loads of adjustment in a stock shock that you should experience first...as in fluid viscosity and air spring...granted a cartridge is a big improvement over stock...I highly recommend it...you need to be honest with how long your going to ride it...top spec suspension parts only make sense riding on the limit.... anything less is just bragging rights...cheers
To answer some questions. I believe the OP and I have 950 base models.

Buhgaboo. You're 100% absolutely right with everything that you said. I to some extend know the limits of my ability, I know absolutely nothing about the limits of my equipment.

Having said that, i've had some really nice suspension and chassis(pleural?) in my day. They hyper is pretty good but it can always be "better". Even if its placebo, at the end of the day the machine is still better than I am and wont limit me as I grow in ability. For me, its not so much about bragging rights as it is about having something tuned to me with more adjustability than stock. To the best of my knowledge, the base Hyper does NOT have pre load adjustment on the fork nor do it have compression adjustment on the rear. I'd love to be able to play with those settings.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have Matris fork cartridge kits with springs in my Diavel, the std set up was adjustable, just awful...

Lots of guys used Andreani and the price point was lower but IIRC they had a plastic spacer to preload the spring rather than option a spring to suit the riders weight etc.

That was enough for me to choose Matris, no complaints, easily set up and after they settled in i think i backed off the preload a turn or two and the clickers a click or two, (Italians, everything is always firm) and haven't touched it since.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry,
I should have said I have a 2017 base 939--no adjustments in the forks and I would like front forks that allow adjustment. I am not any sort of exceptional rider but the front never feels right when driving it into corners. The springs are probably not set up for my weight as I am pretty light. I'm always looking to improve equipment and technique. AND modding is fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Regarding the Matris kits. They have a 20mm and a 25MM cartridge kit. The explanation on their site, if you can call it that does nothing to explain the differences.

Can anyone explain to a layman what the larger cartridge is for? I am assuming that perhaps the 25mm kit is for the ohlins suspension and the 20mm kit is for the marzocchi fork on the base? I could be totally wrong on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts