Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took this video on RanchRoad 337 east of Leakey on a recent ride out west with Duckman on our ST's, enjoy.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Great video. I never considered a road trip to Texas, but that looked like some very good riding. Thanks for posting. I passed along your use of Santana to a buddy of mine who tapes our rides and is always looking for good moto music.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Never saw roads like that on my way through Texas a few years back. Place seemed flat as a pancake! Did manage 55 miles in 35 min one Sunday morning. The 98 St2 with 2 up and loaded with luggage was justa honking. F'ing cold that morning too. Also discovered Shiner Bock in Conroe( Colin Edwards lives there abouts). Good beer!.......Will

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are neat roads scattered all over Texas, highest concentration in the central hill contry of course but if you ask the locals they can generally point you in the right direction. Come on down, be happy to show you around. Made a few other videos in the area if you would like to see them.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I just noticed that if you watch the 337 video all the way to the end it brings up a link to the 335 video which runs south from 41 back down to Camp Wood.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
I'll bet you can't find twisty roads within a 100 miles of Amarillo. I was there to call on a customer a few years back and talk about an area of absolutely nothing.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll bet you can't find twisty roads within a 100 miles of Amarillo. I was there to call on a customer a few years back and talk about an area of absolutely nothing.

Apparently you didn't make it to Palo Duro Canyon about 20 miles south of there, the road into there is really twisty along with a few others around the canyon.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice vid, I'm a Santana fan and yeah...it's some good riding in these parts. I ran out to Camp Wood yesterday and will probably do the 337 out of Leakey this afternoon. It's such a treat to be back home and riding in November as opposed to the snow and winter of Wyoming.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The three sisters is always a fun ride. I went up there last july. Did you see all the wild zoo animals along 336, i believe.

·
19,081 Posts
I know exactly what your mean. I was there on a business trip once and I've never seen so much sky :) Believe it or not but there are some beautiful areas not far from Amarillo. Palo Duro is one of them but just about 30 miles NE near Borger is Lake Meredith and the Alabaties flint quarry. Beautiful and like most river/lakes there are actually some nice roads if you look for them. Not a lot, of course, but they are there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Anyone thinks that all of Texas roads are straight just need to visit the Hill Country a little bit. I've been out to Leakey before, fun ride. I live right off of Hamilton Pool Rd and Fitzhugh out of Dripping Springs. I ride twisties almost everytime I take the bike out.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stupidity

Or ask the guy with the Veyron!

Tom
There's just no accounting for stupidity. That guys problem had nothing to do with the road (which undeniably is as straight as an arrow) it had everything to do with a total lack of activity between the ears.

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
There's just no accounting for stupidity. That guys problem had nothing to do with the road (which undeniably is as straight as an arrow) it had everything to do with a total lack of activity between the ears.
Or insurance fraud.

Tom

·
Registered
371 Posts
I wish we had a video camer with us last month. We stayed at Koyote Ranch and took 337 all the way across to 335 (via 55 connector), North up to 41, east over to 336, then back South to 337. It was a nice fun day (aside from one going down near the end of 336). I was the only one in the group of 8 bikes riding 2 up, but rode in the middle group. I'd like to go back down there to ride it solo, and with a camera.

·
19,081 Posts
The picture of the Bugatti sitting in 2' of SALT water is priceless :)

http://www.galvnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=792e1da427373dfb

You did read the part about the Pelican being at fault. That's what caused him to drop his cell phone. Damn pelicans, you never know what they are going to do. In this area they rank right up there with rebel watermelons!

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
those are curvy roads?

with all respect to the OP, and other people who have even less "curvy roads" than that by their homes... but those roads were Bo-oring. The roads in the vid are what we call the straight ones before we get to the "real" curves here in georgia. Curvy roads to me are decreasing radius, tight switchbacks, knees on the ground type of roads. We have 1000's of miles of those... you can go for a week and not even begin to touch all the twisties in the mountains between NC, SC, TN and here. I can drive from here to Virginia on the blueridge parkway and rarely use the bottom of my tires... and that's the straight route!

I was offered a corporate job at our headquarters in Dallas, and realized that I would have no reason to own a bike there (which ironically would be the death of me) so I turned it down. I guess we're lucky in this part of the country... if you want to see some really good riding roads... come visit. I'll happily make you never want to go back home :D

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alexio, I understand where you're coming from but we do the best we can with what we have. I have ridden the roads out your way before and you're right about the quality and quantity of good riding, consider yourself lucky. As far as making me not want to come back home, you haven't met many native Texans have you?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts