Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is Chris and I have just bought my first Duc. It's a 2004 Supersport 800. I hope to learn a lot on here, and look forward to Ducati ownership. Are there any known qwerks that I should be aware of or check out?

2004 800SS
670 miles
$5k

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You got a hell of a deal considering the low mileage. Where did you purchase it from?

I am new to ducati scene as well, actually new to motorcycles :D

Just make sure that the bike was brought in for the 600 mile service.

I have driven my bike around 400 miles now and will be taking it in for its first service this week. Only complaint for me is I'm getting 22-25 miles per gallon. Most of the people here are getting 40-50 miles per gallon.

Fyi, my very first mod is a $19 fender eliminator from Ebay to eliminate the mess in the rear.

Enjoy and ride safe!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting it from the repo man. He just wants it off his hands, which is fine with me! The maint indicator is on, which means the 600 mile service hasn't been done. There is a dealer here in town that will do it for me for a good price. How urgent is the 600 mile service? I know its probably the most important service that will ever be done, but can it wait till 1000 miles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts