Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first GT1000, my monster 750 dark died last summer. Just wanted to introduce myself to the board and give a shout out to all of you for the informative posts helping me with my decision.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

What year\color did you get? Any mods?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Come riding with us - check the NY/NJ/PA cafe racer thread.

TS

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. It's a 2008 gray GT. It's still at Ducati over on spring and 6th because its getting termi's and frame sliders put on. I was tempted to get a damper as well but I think I'll ride the bike a bit before making that decision.

If the termi's arent on by friday, I think I may just taker her home anyway so I can at least get the warm weather coming this weekend, finally, then bring her back when the pipes arrive.

Looking forward to speaking at meeting you guys in the near future.

Here's a shitty pic I took on my phone the day I bought it. (note, the saddlebags are coming off, i'll keep em for the future, but not my style) And that is not a dent in the tank, just a weird reflection.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. It's a 2008 gray GT. It's still at Ducati over on spring and 6th because its getting termi's and frame sliders put on. I was tempted to get a damper as well but I think I'll ride the bike a bit before making that decision.

If the termi's arent on by friday, I think I may just taker her home anyway so I can at least get the warm weather coming this weekend, finally, then bring her back when the pipes arrive.

Looking forward to speaking at meeting you guys in the near future.

Here's a shitty pic I took on my phone the day I bought it. (note, the saddlebags are coming off, i'll keep em for the future, but not my style) And that is not a dent in the tank, just a weird reflection.

Good luck with that bike! Just one word of caution/advice...beware of the Ducati dealership on 6th & Spring...horribly managed (more like mismanaged) and the people there are clueless kids. I live in SoHo and ended up buying my bike outside the city because they were so awful to deal with. I have 5 friends with Ducs and Bonnies who bought from there. Needless to say they regret the experience and now get their bikes serviced elsewhere. Shame because their location would be ideal for city residents.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha, i'm not actually a dr., sorry to disappoint :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Blacked Out - really? i have never had anything but excellent experiences with them for the past 4 years. they always tuned my monster and and made any other repairs immediately, my bike was never gone for more then a week.

and the sale for the new gt was smooth as silk. odd, but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wait till you see my wife, makes the bike look like a lawnmower :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
@Blacked Out - really? i have never had anything but excellent experiences with them for the past 4 years. they always tuned my monster and and made any other repairs immediately, my bike was never gone for more then a week.

and the sale for the new gt was smooth as silk. odd, but thanks for the info.
I'm glad you're content with their sales/service. They changed managers in an attempt to bolster operations but it hasn't worked. Compared to any other dealership in the tri-state area they are lagging. I suppose being the only dealer in Manhattan they have a captive audience so quality service/personnel are not prime directives. Good to see an exception in your case and I hope it continues. Of the 4 people (including myself) who have bought bikes this year, the average savings over that location in price was $1,100.00. Now if the trade off was excellent and courteous service then perhaps it would be worth the premium but in the 9 cases I know of personally (5 who both purchased and had bikes serviced there plus the 4 mentioned previously), the place is an unmitigated disaster. Not to mention the second-hand stories I have heard which may or may not be valid.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hear where you're coming from. sometimes things just happen on a case to case basis. on your end though, seems like you've known a lot of dissatisfied people which is a shame.

if there's some horror stories you've heard but dont want to post, i'm all ears on PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts