Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else take advantage of the free demo ride event at Stafford today? This is a demo ride event at the race track. SMS is a very small track, how they race cars there is beyond me. Anyway, nice day to be out demo riding bikes. The event sponsor is a Law Firm (Trantolo & Trantolo) with strong connections to the area riding community. It's a very Harley centric group so I wasn't sure what to expect when I showed up. As expected, lots of Harley's to test ride, but guess who number ONE in the number of bikes availale to riders. DUCATI !!!, the big red truck had 15 or so hypers, and 1 street fighter and 1 848, plus a few monsters. Other vendors (in limited numbers) were Can-AM, BUEL, Aprilia, Benelli. Victory had a decent sized test group. Several vendors only had one bike, like KTM, BMW had I think 2 bikes.

The event is completely free. You get 4 laps on the tiny track, with a ride lead holding (back) the pace. All in all pretty fun day. I tested 5 bikes. An 848, Aprilia, Harley FLTC, Buel 1125, a Victory jackpot.

Was kinda funny to see all the Harley guys lined up at the Ducati tent, and all the sport riders over at the Harley tent.

Made me appreciate my 999s. and GT after riding. I love my bikes.

For crusing I have to say the 2009 Harley was very nice. I wasn't quite use to cornering it and got the evil-eye from the track ref when I dragged the floor board through one of the corners. As I pulled off the track he motioned to me, as I pulled up I could see he was looking at my jacket ( I was riding in my ducati summer tech jacket which has large ducati logo's on arm, chest & back). I thought I was going to get a warning for bad behavior.....but he said..."oh, Ducati rider, that ain't no duck your on take it easy in the corners, and smiled then waived me on"

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Didn't know about the event but probably got a Trantolo & Trantolo e-mail and ignored it 'cause they are so Harly focused. Sounds like you had a good day though. Nice.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost did the same, ignored it, but the title of "back to the track day" interested me so glad I opened the note and glad I went. Here is the URL, this is a yearly event so I would say bookmark it and try the event next year. It was a fun day.

http://www.bikelawyer.com/events/top-event-2.html

Didn't know about the event but probably got a Trantolo & Trantolo e-mail and ignored it 'cause they are so Harly focused. Sounds like you had a good day though. Nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts