Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some bar risers from ebay specific to the HM( the aluminium looks just like that on the bar mounts too), raise bars 2.5cm.I thought it'd be a good idea ( as I'm a bit over 6'3").
Ergos felt better but:
1.More flex through the ( rubber mounted) bar mounts due to the increased leverage
2.Seemed much less inclined to 'fall' into a corner ie had to manhandle it more

Therefore, removed same!
Wasted $50.
So , if you're tall, and unless you're about to do 1000km in a straight line , dont do it.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Bought some bar risers from ebay specific to the HM( the aluminium looks just like that on the bar mounts too), raise bars 2.5cm.I thought it'd be a good idea ( as I'm a bit over 6'3").
Ergos felt better but:
1.More flex through the ( rubber mounted) bar mounts due to the increased leverage

Therefore, removed same!
Wasted $50.
So , if you're tall, and unless you're about to do 1000km in a straight line , dont do it.
Good info, this is what makes the Forums so useful, :) thanks Alex

·
Registered
868 Posts
Wow you had to "manhandle" a Hyper with 32" wide bars into a corner??? Sounds like you need some P90X training...:D

Wierd that you say it affected handling like that.. I've always used bar risers on my MX bikes and on my first street bike a Multistrada and didn't notice any change in handling. Have not tried them on the Hyper. I'm 6'1" when I stand up straight.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Rather than higher I think you want to wider or less pull back

I'm 6'6 and find that the lower the bar (aside from clip ons) the more comfy I am.

I ran lower, fatter, flatter Tag bars on my zed and loved them.

I like the hyper bars as is though. :)

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Wow you had to "manhandle" a Hyper with 32" wide bars into a corner??? Sounds like you need some P90X training...:D

Wierd that you say it affected handling like that.. I've always used bar risers on my MX bikes and on my first street bike a Multistrada and didn't notice any change in handling. Have not tried them on the Hyper. I'm 6'1" when I stand up straight.
Allright Antigrav..... I'll bite. What's this P90X you keep mentioning???
And stop slouching!:)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Allright Antigrav..... I'll bite. What's this P90X you keep mentioning???
And stop slouching!:)
I'll help out Scottie here, P90X is a series of exercise CD's to help get the body in shape, I here he's taking a trip to San Francisco very soon! :rolleyes: some guys are just not blessed in the body dept like I am :D Aloha Alex

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Bar Risers

Any handlebar riser will change a bike's handling somewhat.

Keep in mind that the position of your body on the bike affects the overall weight distribution. Sportbikes, for example, are designed specifically to have a more forward riding position to place the center of your body weight lower and further forward, to better balance the bike and improve handling. But certainly for street riding it isn't the most comfortable position and the heads-down orientation isn’t the safest.

For street riding and touring, bar risers won’t change the handling enough for most to be concerned about. Most of us would rather have a bike that handles slightly different than stock, but tailored to allow you to ride longer and sharper without physical fatigue (fatigue being a HUGE enemy of handling), rather than a bike that folds you into a full-race position meant for the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts