Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since several OEM's are now recommending a 10w 30 motorcylce oil Amsoil will be bringing theirs to the market on August 1st. This oil will have all the same performance inhancements as their 10w 40's and 20w 50's have. Benefits like cooler running engine temperatures in both air cooled as well as liquid cooled engines, superior wear control, foaming control. viscosity stability for transmissions, wet clutch compatibility, reduced oil consumption. and excellent storage protection.
george
ADG

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just another sales ploy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Motorcycle oils-----A non existant entity
I would agree with you if I was on your side of the fence, as many oil companies will simply re-label oil and call it whatever, but what I know of the Amsoil company I respectively disagree.
george

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C'mon. How about substantiating evidence to show this is a ploy. There are API and JASO standards that oils meet. What are you saying?
If you are talking about my post you can make an oil that meets several specs, but only put on the label the info applicable to the market you are trying to sell to. Regarding the Amsoil motorcycle oil it is a totally designed oil for motorcycles meeting wet clutch specs plus a GL-1 gearlube spec.
george

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you are talking about my post you can make an oil that meets several specs, but only put on the label the info applicable to the market you are trying to sell to. Regarding the Amsoil motorcycle oil it is a totally designed oil for motorcycles meeting wet clutch specs plus a GL-1 gearlube spec.
george

Understood. I was referring to lubricity's post.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was there ever an answer regarding the lubricity? ie. JASO MA standards all motorcycle oils must meet?
Right from the AMSOIL Corporate Literature...

API SG, SL/CF, CG-4 • JASO MA/MA2 • ISO-L-EMA2 • SAE 80, API GL-1

This is the highest clutch performance rating available.

Bob Schultz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts