Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who inquired about American Supercamp on the old board (Christmas Presents" thread)

IT'S A BLAST!!!!

Danny Walker and Chris Carr are just great and the entire staff really helps make this thing F-U-N. Racers will benefit the most - EBoz has attended and claims it helped him, so there's probably no one who can't learn something here - and even though my racing racing days are in the past it was fun for me, too.

HIGHLY Recommended and definitely worth the price of admission. I will likely do it again.

P.S. Congrats to Chris Carr who was recently selected to pilot the Bub Engineering/ Parts Unlimited for an LSR attempt at Bonneville later this year.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Was that you that pushed me into the wall ???

Mike,

I went to Supercamp a little over a year ago and wrote about it (at some length) at the other site. Chris Carr and Eric Bostrom were my instructors. Two days feeling like Jay Springsteen.

I don't mean to shout, so please excuse me when I say that THIS WAS THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD on a motorcycle. Well, there was the time in high
school with Janice Ford and her legs over the handlebars but that is another story.

Come to think of it, Supercamp was less expensive than Janice. ( Ahem, all out of pocket costs inflation adjusted.)

MikeM said:
To those who inquired about American Supercamp on the old board (Christmas Presents" thread)

IT'S A BLAST!!!!

Danny Walker and Chris Carr are just great and the entire staff really helps make this thing F-U-N. Racers will benefit the most - EBoz has attended and claims it helped him, so there's probably no one who can't learn something here - and even though my racing racing days are in the past it was fun for me, too.

HIGHLY Recommended and definitely worth the price of admission. I will likely do it again.

P.S. Congrats to Chris Carr who was recently selected to pilot the Bub Engineering/ Parts Unlimited for an LSR attempt at Bonneville later this year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Whew whoohoo!!! I am signed up for the end of march at the honda racing facilities in colton, california!!! I can't wait. I have been walking a local public stairway of 80 stairs to work on my leg muscles. It looks like a blast and was recommended in both Reg Pridmores book "smooth riding, the pridmore way" and in Lee Parks "total control".
This class has also given me reasons to update some of my old gear. New boots, pants and maybe a roost guard!
My only concern is the class is from 3:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. I am usually falling asleep at 10:00p.m. Now I know I won't be falling asleep while riding these little 100s around but the hour drive home after wards has me concerned. I could get a hotel but then I'am in colton with nothing to do till 3:00 the next day! Small problem I know.
Glad to hear you guys had such a great time!!! I am really excited!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Superc. is the funniest, silliest, most instructive school. I went into it with great skepticism, but on the faith of my friends judgement. Learned a great deal and would like to go back for more. I did some stairmaster work before I went, but ended up believing that I should have spent time learning to do the splits ( no kidding ). The groin muscles take a real stretching.

I too had an hour drive home from the Honda Colton facility, but it goes pretty quickly with the entire day on film in your head, ya know ? And you WILL sleep well that night.

Re: the gear, they supply all of that. All of it.

Happy that you had a good time there. I would like to return, with the only note that it would be even more fun if a couple of friends were involved.

grinder96 said:
Whew whoohoo!!! I am signed up for the end of march at the honda racing facilities in colton, california!!! I can't wait. I have been walking a local public stairway of 80 stairs to work on my leg muscles. It looks like a blast and was recommended in both Reg Pridmores book "smooth riding, the pridmore way" and in Lee Parks "total control".
This class has also given me reasons to update some of my old gear. New boots, pants and maybe a roost guard!
My only concern is the class is from 3:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. I am usually falling asleep at 10:00p.m. Now I know I won't be falling asleep while riding these little 100s around but the hour drive home after wards has me concerned. I could get a hotel but then I'am in colton with nothing to do till 3:00 the next day! Small problem I know.
Glad to hear you guys had such a great time!!! I am really excited!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bevel450 said:
Superc. is the funniest, silliest, most instructive school. I went into it with great skepticism, but on the faith of my friends judgement. Learned a great deal and would like to go back for more. I did some stairmaster work before I went, but ended up believing that I should have spent time learning to do the splits ( no kidding ). The groin muscles take a real stretching.

I too had an hour drive home from the Honda Colton facility, but it goes pretty quickly with the entire day on film in your head, ya know ? And you WILL sleep well that night.

Happy that you had a good time there. I would like to return, with the only note that it would be even more fun if a couple of friends were involved.
Guys who would put you into the haybales? You call them FRIENDS???

Maybe next year!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Er, then what do I call the guy (s?) who ran right over me ?

LOL

My class was actually quite interesting in it's make up. There were several women, one guy who had been riding for just a month, and most interestingly a Harley guy who could not have weighed an ounce less than 300 lbs. ( He got a 125). That guy had more ego strength than all the rest of us combined.

The time honored rule of smoothness=control is as valid on dirt- wet or dry-as it is on pavement. Lots of lessons learned.

And the half time show of Bostrom, Rapp, Carr, and a couple of their other buddies doing hot laps was great fun. A mini San Jose mile right in front of us.

For me, an interesting footnote to my class was that Eboz's Business Manager was in my class. Eboz said that he insisted that he take the class so he could better appreciate the skill of riding at speed in control.

Cheers,

MikeM said:
Guys who would put you into the haybales? You call them FRIENDS???

Maybe next year!

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
bevel450 said:
Superc. is the funniest, silliest, most instructive school. I went into it with great skepticism, but on the faith of my friends judgement.
your faith served you well, young padwan.

·
Registered
319 Posts
bevel450 said:

I was under the impression that you supplied your own gear!! Even the FAQ talks about the attire. I may have to call and confirm this one.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
grinder96 said:
I was under the impression that you supplied your own gear!! Even the FAQ talks about the attire. I may have to call and confirm this one.

They will supply you everything you need - helmet, pants, elbow pads - all you have to do is request it in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts