Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ama Superbike Races

790 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rob 
#1 ·
The four Chico Phil's riding, posing, and drinking club is heading for Sonoma for the races. We are sick of all the normal routes to Sonoma from Chico and need divine guidance. Leaving at 7:30 am and want to be in Sonoma by 5:00 for social hour at Steiners.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
well, since I don't know what your "normal routes are, the best I can suggest is south to 20 trowards Clear Lake. south on 53 to Lower Lake and hwy 29 over Mt St. Helena to Calistoga. then either head out Petrefied forest road toward Santa Rosa keeping left onto Calistoga rd to hwy 12 thru Sonoma and Sears pt. or from Calistoga south on Silverado trail to Napa and 121/12 to
S P. if you can handle rougher roads take Oakville Cross rd from the trail to Oakville grade rd, Dry creek rd, Trinity rd to hwy12 at Glen Ellen, then south.

there is no excaping the flat and booring valley until hwy 20, but hwy 45 along the river does have some turns in it and I find it more injoyable than 5 or 99.

#3 ·
Me thinks we are headed for Boonville and then the goat trail out to PT Arena and then down the coast to Bodega Bay. We will se how adventurous we are in the manana.

We will be hangin out at the Ducati tent all weekend, forget the racing I want free expresso!

#4 ·
Sunday SBK

Hey y'all. I plan to ride down from Sacto Sunday morning. I'll be leaving Roseville no later than 7am (hopefully) -- probably on the Bat Beemer because my 14yo wants to go with. I'll be working at the Ducati hospitality tent from 9-12:30, probably doing gear check. Come on by and say Hi. =)

I'll probably slab it down there in the morning because I have to be there by 8:45, but if you want to try to connect for the ride back after the races I'd be up for that. In years past that's how I've done it -- slab down and then 121/128 back up to Davis.

#6 ·
ghostrider said:
Dont want to rain on your parade
Weather.com forecasts rain for the weekend
From what I've heard, AMA races at Infineon are subject to cancellation if it rains. Just something to think about
Weeellllll...I gotta go anyhow. I promised the DNA folks I'd work for them on Sunday. I've seen rain delays at Inf, and also cancellations. Que sera sera, but I'll be there. :)

#7 ·
no rain today but 60% for Sunday

Hey guys/gals did everyone like the racing? I was watching mostly from the bridge area over looking turn 1, the entrance to turn 2, and turn 6. I couldn't tell which duc passed two riders on different laps on the INSIDED of turn 2. Man, my butt cheeks tighten when I saw him dive in and make the passes.WOW! Does anyone know what rider that was?
See you at the track.

#8 ·
RE: No rain but 60% for Sunday

RoAdK1LL said:
Hey guys/gals did everyone like the racing? I was watching mostly from the bridge area over looking turn 1, the entrance to turn 2, and turn 6. I couldn't tell which duc passed two riders on different laps on the INSIDED of turn 2. Man, my butt cheeks tighten when I saw him dive in and make the passes.WOW! Does anyone know what rider that was?
See you at the track.
*pout* Sounds like it was a great racing day! And all I could do was sit in the back yard watching a dozen 2-4 year olds jumping in a rented bounce house while sneezing my head off and trying not to pass out from all the antihistemines.

I'm leaving to head to the track in about 30 mins. Hopefully I can keep the sinuses happy enough to enjoy some racing. Look for the Bat Beemer...

(If it rains, I probably won't try the twisties on the way home.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.