Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
grand poobah
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my son, 9 years old, to Road America yesterday for the AMA FIM races. It rained most of the day but the two races at the end were semi dry. The KTM cup race was excellent and very closely contested among 8 riders. It came down to slip streaming to the line for the victory. The stock 600cc race just after, was even closer with the difference being .004 of a second. I watched the race from the outside of turn one. I have been to RA many times over the past 14 years as a racer with CCS and a few times to the AMA races.
The owners of Road A have made some serious improvements, this time there was a huge screen showing you the rest of the track from my seat in the grandstands. The coverage gave you the ability to see the race unfold on the rest of the track and have them come screaming past you. I didn't know what to think about the massive screen at the track but it really improved the experience. Historically I had to walk to the podium just to see who won. I do not know that the turn out of spectators was all that great but the show was very good and the new video availability was spectacular. I am looking forward to going again next year. Also got to meet some good guys from DRILL. Brad

Reactions: Tripod

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
I watched on TV and will today also. They actually showed the RC390 race which was awesome.

Did to happen to see Josh Days high side? That boy should be an astronaut. :)

·
grand poobah
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not see the launch. It must have happened during qualifying/ practice as we were just getting there then. It was a two and a half hour drive to the track from central Wisconsin to Road A for us. We left the house at 7 and stopped for breakfast sandwiches on the way. After buying tickets and walking the paddock we did not start watching the racing/ qualifying until well after noon. The TV coverage at the track was pretty good but it appears to still be a work in progress. I could see them interviewing riders on the screen but there was voice over by the announcers that was not the interviews. The screen would just go to static advertising between races and was not really useful for showing the schedule of the days races or the series standings but seeing the racers on the other parts of the track was really a huge benefit. We had a local racer in the 600 race Carl Soltis and I think he finished about 12 but it was really hard to figure it out. What are u using to watch on TV at home? Brad.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
We had a local rider in the 600 SS race. Garret Gerloff. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts