Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Wear your gear............ this is crazy.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
.... thing is Gomer was wearing his cycling helmet .... friggin BB found a hole and went right on in. As far the prankster that shot him, some people got nuthin better to do than fuck up.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Glad he's OK.
Me too, Miguel was a straight up madman on the Honda's. He is partly responsible for helping Nicky Hayden become a world champ.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Met him at Mid Ohio. He and Nicky were riding Honda's then. I had met Earl and his boys two seasons earlier. Hanging out in the pits watching them prep Nicks bike and Miguel strolls up like anybody else. He tapped me on the right shoulder while sneaking over to my left............I spun around and was standing there like an idiot while he had a grin on his face. I did my best not to geek out and stuck out my hand to say hello. We did shake a good firm handshake. A very affable guy, likes to smile and have a laugh. Deadly serious come race time and if he was off that day, he is a bear.
He's a smaller guy but, all muscle. One of a few I can say I have been honored to meet.

Reactions: 2004 999s

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I read that article a while back and thought "what the hell?" Man can't even go on a bicycle ride without getting "F"'d with?

I didn't meet Miguel...well I did but not like socially. We did run into his folks seemingly all the time. So much we got to where we'd each say hello because we saw them 3 times a year or more.

Sometimes at the track, sometimes at dinner after the races....nice folks too BTW.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if worrying about 100+ temps isn't enough, maybe time for a gopro atop the helmet.can't believe they ride in that sun without a visor protecting the face.anyone notice what he's riding?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I read that article a while back and thought "what the hell?" Man can't even go on a bicycle ride without getting "F"'d with?
Ain't that a bitch! Look at Hayden as well. Both of those men made their livings racing motorcycles at five gazillion MPH .... Hayden is taken out while riding a bicycle ... and while on his own bicycle Duhamel gets shot in the head by an asshole.

Hmmm ... don't ride a bicycle in public areas? ... I guess? .. most especially if you're a big time motorcycle racer?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Wear your gear............ this is crazy.
Gear? What gear? A bicycle helmet, spandex and gloves? None of that is gonna stop a BB or a .177 pellet.
.anyone notice what he's riding?
Who? Miguel? He wasn't riding anything in the video. The bike shown with him when he displays his cap with the hole in it...from the colors I'd guess Look. Could be this:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts