Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking of purchasing tickets to the Round 11 AMA race at NJMP on Labor Day weekend.

Link to event schedule on AMA’s website:
http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/events/event.cfm?eid=2009010960

Link to event tickets on NJMP’s website:
http://www.njmp.com/events.html

I can’t attend all 3 days, and not sure which day I’ll head down there yet…
Moto-GT is on Sunday – it would be great to see the sport classic in action
Superbike is on Saturday – would be awesome to see riders Mladin/Hayden/Bostrom and of course support Pegram!!!

Who’s gonna be there from the NY/NJ/PA guys?
Is anyone from the forum planning to attend?
If so, which day?

~k

·
Registered
323 Posts
just talked to my bro-in-law... I'm going!! Saturday we are gonna bring my nephew down.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'll probably go. I need to talk to my buddy keith who works down there. Maybe I can hook something up. Doubt it, but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
papawheelie: that would be great!!
Wonder if TimDog, TonyNYC, Chappy or the rest of the group is interested...

I'm leaning towards Saturday (Superbikes), and will probably wait a few more weeks before the event to purchase tickets.

~k

·
Registered
323 Posts
does anyone know what level of access the tickets get you? we have decided to go on sunday and I was hoping to be able to take my nephew into the pits.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AMA season finale schedule

Here's a schedule for the weekend from the AMA site.
http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=23672

I'll be riding down Saturday morning from Brooklyn and will head back after the superbike race...

papawheelie: will you be able to make it?
bassphreek: hope to see you there. will send you a PM with contact info

Anyone else heading that way?
It's always nice to meet up with forum members and put faces behind nicknames.

~k

·
Registered
323 Posts
I got some great pics....but yours just made me realize that I need a bigger lens!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got some great pics....but yours just made me realize that I need a bigger lens!
Having a telephoto lens really makes a big difference! but I had a hell of a time keeping the riders in the frame. They were going so fast that most of the pictures taken that day were just horrible (either only the front of the bike, the rear, or the bike not even showing in the frame) , but the rest turned out to be fine.
Which camera do you use?
Will you post some of your pictures?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Having a telephoto lens really makes a big difference! but I had a hell of a time keeping the riders in the frame. They were going so fast that most of the pictures taken that day were just horrible (either only the front of the bike, the rear, or the bike not even showing in the frame) , but the rest turned out to be fine.
Which camera do you use?
Will you post some of your pictures?
I put them on your post in the photo section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts