Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who thinks it is incredible that a thread about a fucking helmet (New Rossi helmet: AGV PistaGP) has ballooned to 8 pages in length? That thread has been hanging around like a cold sore... ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ive been thinking...

Ive been thinking the same damn thing. Im with you on that one Prophetpvd. Please people let that one die.

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ive been thinking the same damn thing. Im with you on that one Prophetpvd. Please people let that one die.
I predict that a week from now someone will start a thread titled "I can't believe..." about how that thread "Am I the only one..." has almost 3000 views and just won't go away.

;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I dont see what the issue is? They're discussing a helmet, and as far as I've seen there hasn't been any bitching/cussing, just a discussion.. Perhaps if it bothers you so much you could just not click on it?

And better yet you could switch the posts per page to 30 and it suddenly becomes a 2 page thread; not so intimidating as to draw attention.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I haven't seen it. I saw the title but never click on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ryan were not saying it has anything bad on the discussion. We're just stating it keeps making its way to the top of the topics page. It just don't go away.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ryan were not saying it has anything bad on the discussion. We're just stating it keeps making its way to the top of the topics page. It just don't go away.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
ok gotcha, is there a way to "ignore" threads on this forum so that it stops popping up on your screen? Some car forums I'm on have that..

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Talking about helmets in the Superbike section, is like asking about oil in the Supersport section. ;)

And honestly, if you can talk 8 pages about a freaking helmet, then I suggest you check your BS meter. I saw the thread, did not enter. Probably because its not it seems similar to something in the Apparel and Accessory Chat, that I never enter because I'm not overly interested in talking fashion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kinda thought I could click on any thread, just to see what buzz is. I've been tempted to check "the helmet" thread...but now I'm thinking of holding out.

·
comrade moderator
26,797 Posts
Naw, neither am I. I have no idea what's going on in there that could warrant...

Damn. I clicked on it. Now I see...it's the thread where newbies blast their post count so they can rush off to the classifieds.

So that explains why it's always on the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...Now I see...it's the thread where newbies blast their post count so they can rush off to the classifieds...
Hang on a sec... am I missing something? I am perplexed... what is the connection between post count and the classifieds?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts