Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve only ridden Ducatis from the start, with the exception of dirt bikes. I drink alone so have never ridden any other brands. Having read some magazine shoot outs between the brands, Ducatis and Aprillias never seem to be taken seriously. In some articles they actually single out the Italian bikes in there own little comparison and let the inlines battle. It leaves me with doubts about the brand. I mean I love it and it works for me but I'm hesitant to ride a ginxser or R1 and have the experience shatter everything that I've come to love about Ducati. Is it real or not??

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Well, I'm not a Ducati owner (i'm still contemplating), but I own a Japanese twin (RC-51). I think that the magazines tend to split the bikes up by displacement and then by configuration. The Twins all get lumped together for comparison, the I4's etc. Every now and then the twins will go head to head agains an I4, for example the GSXR1000 vs. 999r writeup. Are you missing something, to an extent yes. Should you sell it just to see what you are missing, not really. I really like the twin coming off a I4. It has different character than an inline and is nice for the street. If I were looking for a racebike would I choose the twin, probably not because it would take a lot to make it competative against an inline 4. I will be getting a new bike in the next year. It will either be another twin or possibly a v-four if the Aprilia rumors are true.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were looking for a racebike would I choose the twin, probably not because it would take a lot to make it competative against an inline 4.

What about ducatis in WSB?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Well, I dont have a world superbike budget, but there is a reason that there aren't any 999's racing superstock.

M

·
0 Posts
rcrob said:
If I were looking for a racebike would I choose the twin, probably not because it would take a lot to make it competative against an inline 4.
In club racing, the class structures are usually pretty fair, so you end up racing bikes that are equal in capability. That, and all the clubs I know of have twins only classes so there is really no handicap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts