Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I bought this aluminum fuel tank sight unseen from an aluminum fabricator (Legendary Motorcycles) a few years ago since I knew my plastic tank would eventually expand. Long story short, the tank is more of a rough project tank than a plug and play.

I’ve already primered the tank for painting. The lines inside the tank look good and I test fitted the fuel pump, gas cap, and rubber cushions and they all fit. The portions that I’ve noted need attention are the fuel pump opening, which has straight through holes, and the bottom hinge section is slightly too wide for the fitting.

Ideally the buyer will have some ability/resources to correct these issues. I don’t have either nor do I have the interest anymore as I’m using all my moto money on my track bike now.

I bought it for $1900 but willing to let it go for any reasonable offer as it’s just been sitting in my garage—I’m thinking around $750. Local pickup would obviously be best since you could inspect the tank and we could avoid shipping costs. Tank is located in the Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello, MAXdB
I will take the tank if shipping isn't too outrageous.
I live in Houston, TX (77084-2861) if there is any way to get ballpark shipping on it, let me know and we can discuss finalizing the transaction.

Thanks,
Guido

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.