Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this ad for an Aluninum sub frame and it says it wiegh 2.8 pounds... is that true and how much does a stock one wiegh? That seem like a great wieght savings I assume steel would be about 12-15 pounds

Aluminum Rear Sub-frame: Hypermotard

These high quality, Italian made aluminum HM subframes are lighter than the original steel subframes. Manufactured in 7072 alloy, it is strong enough to support a passenger. Available in anodized Silver, Titanium and Red. Imported from Italy. Weighs 2.8 lbs.

Sale Price: $495
List Price: $695.00

Report to moderator Logged

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Yes, they are a little under 3lb. Weight savings is a little over 5lbs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would place a large bet on all these being produced by the same factory with lots of people selling them, Shift-Tech, Motowheels, etc.

The one I have from Shift-Tech has a nice "Made in Italy" sticker and looks identical to all other pictures I've seen.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
I would place a large bet on all these being produced by the same factory with lots of people selling them, Shift-Tech, Motowheels, etc.

The one I have from Shift-Tech has a nice "Made in Italy" sticker and looks identical to all other pictures I've seen.
The one I have is black anodized, monoposto version made by Gubelleni. They also come in a biposto version. The biposto is a bit heavier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts