Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new part of the 2010 Ducati Performance Catalog that will be of great interest since it has +10% capacity and -20% weight from the stock plastic tank. The best part? No expanding like your plastic tank! Second best part? The price is great at a retail of $1552.40 - compare that to aftermarket tanks at $2400 for Beater and $3500 for Wilcox (though both have greater than 10% capacity increase, but you get the idea).

We ordered the first 5 that are coming into the US - 2 are sold already so 3 are available. If we see that we need more we'll order another batch.

Place your order now to get yours before anyone else in the US!

http://www.store.commoto.com/ducati-84810981198-aluminum-fuel-tank-p-99573.html

I'll post a better image when I can, but this is a scan from the 2010 DP catalog.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Anthony - How easy will it be to swap tanks? what all needs to be ordered along with the tank or swapped from the old tank?

I've removed my tank once but am not sure if there's a fuel pump inside that I need to swap out ...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Swapping tanks will be no problem - it is a bolt on. You'll need to strip the pieces off your old tank such as the fuel cap, fuel pump etc... Ducati said the tank comes with some hardware, but I'm not exactly sure what is included as I didn't get an itemized list. One of the first ones coming in is going to be mounted on a cusotmer bike here so I'll have more info when we do that.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey guys, any update on when these will be available for shipping? I keep himming and hawing but I def. want one. My dealer said they can get them but 'currently unavailable'.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Good god, 2 grand including paint for a very minor reduction in weight...
I think it's more the 'bling' factor, but the 10%+ increase in capacity is nice.

How do these compare against the carbon tanks?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey guys, any update on when these will be available for shipping? I keep himming and hawing but I def. want one. My dealer said they can get them but 'currently unavailable'.
Hi Shawn - I immediately thought of you when I saw this; was about to PM you when I saw your post!
To the one who anticipated "$2,000 with paint" - I would shop around painters. I got my ETI tank (similar price, but larger capacity) painted for $220 inc. stickers. Stock plain red that is..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey Pat! Ha, yeah I know...I have my nose on this one everywhere LOL.

Gonna leave it aluminum and put an oversized Ducati logo on it like the old-style (80s 750-ish) on my fairing:)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Another new part of the 2010 Ducati Performance Catalog that will be of great interest since it has +10% capacity and -20% weight from the stock plastic tank. The best part? No expanding like your plastic tank! Second best part? The price is great at a retail of $1552.40 - compare that to aftermarket tanks at $2400 for Beater and $3500 for Wilcox (though both have greater than 10% capacity increase, but you get the idea).

We ordered the first 5 that are coming into the US - 2 are sold already so 3 are available. If we see that we need more we'll order another batch.

Place your order now to get yours before anyone else in the US!

http://www.store.commoto.com/ducati-84810981198-aluminum-fuel-tank-p-99573.html

I'll post a better image when I can, but this is a scan from the 2010 DP catalog.
How did I miss this thread? This tank is brought to you / us by the same company that ignores all the complaints about spreading fuel tanks on the SportClassic line (Monsters too, I believe), continues to send out $1,800+ replacement tanks that also spread, lets owners puddle around trying to find a manufacturer for aluminum tanks, etc ..... :mad:

Better start checking the archives; I probably missed the exact same comment from other SC-owners too :eek:

RonB

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looks like a good deal. I'd put the old style DUCATI logo on it and clear coat it, just like shawngibson.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is this a different design from the OEM? It looks like it has cut-outs where the arms can rest.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
From what my dealer says this tank comes unpainted but is clear-coated. Any pics of this on a red bike????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts