Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thank you for the post. I'm gonna see if that can remove some of the grime that's accumulated on my engine over the last 36K miles. It looks promising. I'll try to remember to take before and after pics.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very cool! I can't wait to give this a try. Of course it won't be until next spring since it's 42 degrees outside. I've got to move somewhere warm.... Thanks for sharing.

P

·
0 Posts
That is one of the coolest ideas that I've seen in a long time. I've got all kinds of things that I could clean with that setup.
Hey George.... try this contraption on your teeth!

When I was a kid my mom always brought out the baking soda when we ran out of tooth power. Yep we HAD to use "tooth power";)

Don't forget the before & after shots!

Actually JC sent me this link and I also started thinking of all kinds of things I could clean up. I'm going to first try this idea out on my pooches' input/output orifices. Hopefully they will sit still. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thank you for the post. I'm gonna see if that can remove some of the grime that's accumulated on my engine over the last 36K miles. It looks promising. I'll try to remember to take before and after pics.
Although Baking Soda makes a very gentle blasting media, it still is abrasive. You do NOT want to use it on any painted engine parts. Stick to bare metal surfaces only.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Actually on some of the 'Painted" parts this would help to remove the discoloration of the factory paint on the cylinder heads and side covers. I've had to use scothcbrite to remove the poor paint with some success but this Soda-Blasta may be better.
I'll give it a try and report back.
BTW
DNA of Canada was replacing heads with the paint cooked off whereas DNA USA would not. Go figure.

jc

Although Baking Soda makes a very gentle blasting media, it still is abrasive. You do NOT want to use it on any painted engine parts. Stick to bare metal surfaces only.

·
Registered
285 Posts
"Subaru Upper engine cleaner". This stuff is sold at your local Subaru dealer in a pressure pack can, and brings your Carbs up like new. The best stuff I have ever used by a country mile!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Absolutely brilliant - wish I'd known this when I rebuilt my CB350F a few months back. Still, the carbs aren't quite how I'd like them, maybe I'll have another go.

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone try this on engine parts yet? Was thinking about giving it a go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts