Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
in the last period I am having several requests for the construction of different aluminum tanks for Ducati Streetfighter.
I was thinking that you might try to make a list of people who would be interested, so that I can price the tank based on quantity and not on the individual person.
What do you think??

· Registered
394 Posts
That's awesome! Here is your chance to get one of these beautiful hand made tanks but you have to step up to the plate and do it. They are worth every penny and are very well made!!

· Registered
1,856 Posts
+1 2011 SFS.

If it helps I will update this post with a list of people who express interest.
(copy-and-paste this list, add your name)

1. tboooe
2. bulletproof323
3. nortrop
4. ozzyatfox
5. alexc
6. yelloduck

· Registered
Lightweight Testastretta addiction.
1,000 Posts
I’d be interested if it could be had for cheaper than the carbon tank I’m eyeing, which is about 1300 euros.

Edit: it’s a 2012 sf848 that has run both 1098 and 848 tanks, so minor differences don’t matter 👌🏼

· Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price depends on the number of people interested, but I think it is around 2000 euros.
The problem is that there are many components that have to be made with a milling machine.
I will be able to produce the tanks around January of the new year, so there is no rush.
Try to see how many people might be interested

· Registered
1,856 Posts
just updated the interested list. So far we have 5 people on list.

Reactions: bulletproof323

· Registered
92 Posts
Same person/company that has previously crafted them? Are they the large or small tank? If production starts around January, when would delivery be?

I'm interested, and potentially 100% in depending on the answers to my questions.

· Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes I am the same person who produced them for Motowheels.
Starting production in January, I believe I can deliver 3 tanks per month no more.
The tank is the same as the original, clearly it is able to contain more petrol because we are going to decrease the thickness of the plastic, the internal volume increases

· Bon Vivant
12,972 Posts
Same person/company that has previously crafted them? Are they the large or small tank? If production starts around January, when would delivery be?

I'm interested, and potentially 100% in depending on the answers to my questions.
If its the same tank that he built originally (and I believe it is) it is the large tank.
And just so you know at around a little over $2K that is a super bargain - I paid about $3500 for mine with the machined fuel base.

· Registered
1,856 Posts

· Registered
1,856 Posts
The tank is the same as the original, clearly it is able to contain more petrol because we are going to decrease the thickness of the plastic, the internal volume increases
@TECKNORACE when Ducati tried to "fix" the swelling problem all they did was make a smaller tank. So I believe the question is if your tank was designed to be similar in size as the original gas tank? Do you know the total fuel capacity of your tank?

· Bon Vivant
12,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts