Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I saw that too and posted it over on Speedzilla. It is very strange that Ducati was expecting more investment from Althea when the 1198R was clearly outclassed in 2012 and initial reports on the 1199RS was that it needed a lot of work before being competitive.

If Althea is a customer of Ducati (as it appears) then Ducati should develop the bike and Althea buy the parts and machines and go racing. The customer shouldn't be forking over the bill for Ducati's R&D.

I assume we don't know the whole story, but from what we know it seems Ducati is getting cheap with their racing. WSBK is what built Ducati's reputation with this generation of riders, neglecting to field a competitive motorcycle in that series is a very poor decision.

MotoGP (2007 aside) has been an expensive struggle, even hiring the best rider of our time has resulted in zero wins and a handful of podiums.

·
comrade moderator
27,410 Posts
What a bunch of sour grapes.

Ducati took their WSBK program back in house. Good for them. Good for us. Good for Ducati. Maybe not so good for Althea, the people being interviewed in that link.

Maybe this is a sign of how serious Audi is going to be in all aspects of their Ducati racing programs...?

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
What a bunch of sour grapes.

Ducati took their WSBK program back in house. Good for them. Good for us. Good for Ducati. Maybe not so good for Althea, the people being interviewed in that link.

Maybe this is a sign of how serious Audi is going to be in all aspects of their Ducati racing programs...?
....that's the other way of looking at the situation. What a effed up relationship the two (Althea and Corse) had. I'm hoping Audi gets Ducati WSBK issues straightened out. Ducati is WSBK and they need to get back to having an intimidating presence there....and we all know Audi likes to intimidate the competition. I started watching WSBK in 2001-2002( Bayliss and Edwards Championship yrs) and it's one of the reasons I became so interested in the Ducati brand (2003 WSBK 999s domination-Ducati Cup yrs) and eventually bought a 999.
Maybe Audi will do the right thing and get Ducati the heck out of MotoGP. It's a HUGE waste of money as no doubt it will be some sort of CRT series in the near future.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
....that's the other way of looking at the situation. What a effed up relationship the two (Althea and Corse) had. I'm hoping Audi gets Ducati WSBK issues straightened out. Ducati is WSBK and they need to get back to having an intimidating presence there....and we all know Audi likes to intimidate the competition. I started watching WSBK in 2001-2002( Bayliss and Edwards Championship yrs) and it's one of the reasons I became so interested in the Ducati brand (2003 WSBK 999s domination-Ducati Cup yrs) and eventually bought a 999.
Maybe Audi will do the right thing and get Ducati the heck out of MotoGP. It's a HUGE waste of money as no doubt it will be some sort of CRT series in the near future.
I don't think that Ducati is going in house, only that they will appoint another team to run Carlos

Althea Racing and Ducati Split | Ducati News Today

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.speedweek.de/art_15487.html

Tardozzi says he would be willing to return to Ducati SBK team, but hasn't been contacted.

In my other fantasy, Bayliss comes out of retirement to join team also!

Ducati announcement (on 2013 team details) in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ducati IS going full factory for WSBK 2013 with Checa, got that confirmed last night (don't ask).

But it makes sense, since it never made sense to have 'privateer' team get all the credit for a factory effort (which it really was).
Good news if its going back to a Factory effort in 2013.

Take it to mean Audi's willing to bankroll the effort.

·
Castle Anthrax
203 Posts
Gathered from other sources, David Emmett is reporting that possibly as early as tomorrow (Nov. 1), Alstare may be signed to run the "semi-factory" effort for Ducati.

They once ran Ducatis before switching over to Suzukis

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes ,multiple sources reporting Alstare-Ducati 2013 team. Luv S Guintoli's British slang with a French accent. Good rider to boot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts