Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what would it take for you to buy an electric powered Hyper? For me, performance would have to be above that of the current offering to forgo the sweet sound and feel of the twin we enjoy so much. :think:

Recently, there were a couple of motorcycle rags and some TV coverage on electric motorcycles. Everything from dirt to street, to a very fast drag bike are making there way up the ladder of respect. Dave Despain even had a bit on them on Wind Tunnel tonight.

I figure the Hyper might make a nice platform for an electric bike. :eek:

Get ready here they come................................maybe they can add a kickin' stereo so they can "pipe in" some nice throaty Desmo music.

Out!

·
Registered
45 Posts
No Way I will stray

No way, not ever will I buy an electric motorcycle or car. If they want to get me to convert to something that is echo friendly they would have to go to Hydrogen more horsepower in hydrogen and when it burns it produces oxygen and water vapor.:cool: Just think when it floods back east and the mid west all that cheep fuel coming right from the heavens;)
</IMG>

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Short Circuit

...No 5 Is Alive :D

Hate to say it men but our petrol powered lusties are on their way out, nothing surer.

One we are done burning dinosaurs that will be it and electric will be here, as axe says, lets hope they fit twin speakers as that will be as close as we will get :(

Time to save all the youtube recording bros

Attachments

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I can't imagine riding a silent bike in the hills around here.Without that L-twin giving fair warning, I shall call my electric bike "The Deer Hunter"! :think:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't think that way Honda has built a prototype that used hydrogen if we all stick together and refuse electric power vehicles I believe we can keep our motorcycles sounding like a true motor should sound.:D
</IMG>

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
I would get one, once the battery technology is further developed. Instant torque, great acceleration and no pesky valve adjustments are a few of the benefits once the technology gets sorted out. The MotoCysz, Mission and Brammo bikes participating at the Isle of Man this year show a lot of promise and a glimpse into the future. http://www.ttxgp.com/

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would get one, once the battery technology is further developed. Instant torque, great acceleration and no pesky valve adjustments are a few of the benefits once the technology gets sorted out. The MotoCysz, Mission and Brammo bikes participating at the Isle of Man this year show a lot of promise and a glimpse into the future. http://www.ttxgp.com/

Yeah, Despain mentioned that they are gonna do just one lap during the race. They didn't give much more in the way of details.

Out!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Electric power? No more £1000 exaust systems. I wonder what after marked extravagances they would think of to rip us off, Carbon fibre armatures, titanium magnets, mercury switches? the potentials there

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just wish they would leave out all the "green" references and the "holier than thou" rhetoric when it comes to electric vehicles.

That meat whistle in the Datsun is smoking rubber, puking out all kinds of nasty crap and proclaiming how great it is for the environment. Meanwhile, he's sportin' those batteries filled with nasty chemicals mined from some giant pit dug into the earth.......not to mention he is charging them with electricity produced from some dirt burning power plant puking crap into the air like it is 1969 all over again. Well, maybe not in his case he is grabbing up some electrons flowing from a "renewable" hydro power source generated from dams on the Columbia that are killing off the salmon and steelhead and I am sure some type of important snails. :abduct:

Anyway, I hope we can get over the rush to be "green" movement for about the fifth time in my life and develop electric shit that is purposely built to lay rubber and tear shit up. We can always put cards in the spokes to make noise to complete the picture. :cool:

Out!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just wish they would leave out all the "green" references and the "holier than thou" rhetoric when it comes to electric vehicles.

That meat whistle in the Datsun is smoking rubber, puking out all kinds of nasty crap and proclaiming how great it is for the environment. Meanwhile, he's sportin' those batteries filled with nasty chemicals mined from some giant pit dug into the earth.......not to mention he is charging them with electricity produced from some dirt burning power plant puking crap into the air like it is 1969 all over again. Well, maybe not in his case he is grabbing up some electrons flowing from a "renewable" hydro power source generated from dams on the Columbia that are killing off the salmon and steelhead and I am sure some type of important snails. :abduct:

Anyway, I hope we can get over the rush to be "green" movement for about the fifth time in my life and develop electric shit that is purposely built to lay rubber and tear shit up. We can always put cards in the spokes to make noise to complete the picture. :cool:

Out!
Come one Axe. They are saving the environment. Stop confusing the issue with logic and common sense!

·
Registered
18 Posts
No way, not ever will I buy an electric motorcycle or car. If they want to get me to convert to something that is echo friendly they would have to go to Hydrogen more horsepower in hydrogen and when it burns it produces oxygen and water vapor.:cool: Just think when it floods back east and the mid west all that cheep fuel coming right from the heavens;)
</IMG>

·
Registered
328 Posts
no No NONONONO!!!

You can pry my can of gas from my cold dead hands!

I will never buy an electric vehicle unless its a hovercar or speeder ala starwars, now that I could give up my glorious L-twin noise for.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
"Loud pipes save lives."

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Loud pipes save lives."
So do loud stereos (maybe just a Bluetooth iPod) playing the sound of loud pipes from days gone by. I can see it now, people removing their stereos to save weight and adding an extra battery for more power. :think:

Out!

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Ducati started out with electric products. Radio parts, radios, then small appliances. Do you think they forgot?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts