Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Anyone tried fitting headers from a Monster 796 or Hyper 796 or 1100 to their Monster 1100 Evo? I know the stock Evo header fits the M796, but is the reverse true? There are a couple aftermarket systems available for those other bikes that I'd like to see on my M1100Evo. Anybody got any experience here?

-I

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Logic would tell me the larger motor should be taller. If it is, an 1100 pipe might fit a 796 and just hang a little lower, but the 796 pipe on an 1100 might be too short. That's the way it is with some of the other Ducati engines. Take some measurements, then get some pipe measurements on the pipes you'd like. It will probably become clear if the swap might work. The pipe builder might tell you why they don't list your bike if you just ask them.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the exhaust ports on the 1100 are further away from the crank than on the 796. maybe only 10mm, but 3 dimensionally, that can be a long way.

also the sump on the 1100 will be lower, if you are planning to go under it. again only 10mm or so.

m vs hm depends on frame.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A '09-'10 1100 exhaust will fit in a 1100 evo frame, I have seen this using a Arrow full system.

Uli-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts