Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently determined my 99 900ssie, which was sold to me as completely stock, has fiberglass fairing on it. Clearly not stock. I thought I saw something here (which now I can't find again) about the fairing from a 916 or some other model that would also fit the 900ssie. Can anyone provide insight/info on this?

I'd also be interested in obtaining the stock plastic fairing/body pieces. Feel free to post here or to PM me about this.

Thx all.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've seen one listed.....not here but I can't remember where that uses as 999 style upper with the stacked headlights. Looks quite good to me. Pretty sure that was on eBay. There is also Airtech who make a "super twin" fairing set that resembles the Supermono slightly.

I'm not sure about the fairings on the SSie bikes....but the ones on my 1993 are definitely fiberglass and they're stock, complete with the Ducati logo and part number cast into the back of the parts. They also weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of a metric shit ton. Gonna go with Airtech for the restoration though, just to save the weight.........sean

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Fuel injected 750, 800, 900 and 1000 are all the same.

Not absolutely sure, but I think stock are glass reinforced polyester, aka GRP.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also think they are plastic. Plastic would be consistent with, for example, the ST2, which started as a 1998 model.

My bike has (front) only 4 pieces to the fairing whereas the factory fairing has 6 pieces. I have 1 big piece for each side. OEM is 2 pieces per side.

I've seen the 999 lookalike somewhere online. But it's fiberglass also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts