Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Already gettin' the winter projects together!!

766 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  nomonster 
#1 ·
So I am getting my ideas together for next winter since I have to budget and save up for these this time. I have a 2006 749D that I love and will never get rid of it.

I have been looking around for 924 BB kits and would like to get that done as well as powder coat the frame and possibly the rims red.

Anyways I'm gonna slowly piece the BB kit together over the summer and have it done this winter at Boulder Motor Sports hopefully. After a search and some more looking around I have come up with a short list needed.

1. 999 cylinders
2. HC pistons
3. PCIII

I'm not 100% sure what else there is since there is limited info on here. I would like to take the engine apart once and put it all in with all higher performance parts.

Any other parts or recommendations would be nice.

Thanks

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
I am planning to do a 1098 or 999 motor swap this fall. Keep us posted on your build costs and parts list. Im interested to see what numbers it will put down on the dyno.

Summer time riding sucks anyway, go on and start the project now!

#3 ·
This helps me in no way!!!

So I really would like any of you who have done this mod to step up since it is such a perfect and "elite" mod. I need to know what I'm lookin for. I will def write it all up and probably the powder coating as well but I need a little more info than this to start gettin the parts together. I have at least 5 months so parts are a little higher on the list than dyno numbers.

Mike

#4 ·
dont be a richard

I was just showing interest in your post, I want to see how much you found the parts for.

ducshops 924 kit is around 1700 bucks. I don't know how much stock 999 jugs are selling for on ebay, but I would check around before you buy the stock head, pistons, gaskets, and rings. Might be cheaper in the long run to get the kit. Get the crank lightened and polished while its at the shop.

I've found 999 motors with a cracked case or parting out, for that same price as that kit. Its all in what you want to spend. I just can't see spending that much for the kit to get 20 more hp, but im not you. With the shop assembly time/ machine time/ and dyno runs, the shit gets expensive. Make friend with someone that works at a salvage yard to find you a motor if you plan to go that route.

If you want more info go to speedzillas page and make some friends.

goodluck with your build.

#5 ·
Sorry dude didn't mean to snap. Long night at work.

Anyways I am keeping me eyes open for a blown 999 engie and hopefuly I can find one relatively cheap. We'll see. I'm sure its gonna be a fun winter and along with the parts I'm gonna buy a sweet garage heater. CO gets a little cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.