Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok ...so I finally got round to installing the custom Alpina Carbon Matrix wheels which JC got me a great deal on during his winter special. They really catch a crowd wherever I park. Also they are so much lighter that I had to practically re-learn riding this bike. For the 1st half day I was over controlling as its waaayyy quicker to drop into and rise out of the corners ...as well had to turn up my damper a couple notches as its so light in the front end it tends to do a little wobble in the 3rd gear wheelies ( I know its me ) . All said and done they look a perform amazingly and were worth every dime I threw at them !

The Super Corsas are my hands-down favorite tire. I am bettin I dont get more then 3k miles out of them ...but who cares ? ! The stick like glue in corners and stops ......

Check out the video of the break in...sound is horrible as my 30,000 volt coils and next-to-zero resistance plug wires and boots set up a field that interferes with the go pro ...unreal ..the friggin thing is mounted on a stand 7 inches above the tank ! ......I am sure this is great therapy for one's innards :eek:...will try the helmet mount next time ....

Just realized it might have been a good idea to clean them up after a half day ride :rolleyes:

And never mind the comments bout the slack chain ...it was at 25mm when I left the building :p

Muzz

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Muzz, I just had my alpina's installed Sat with a set of Power pures and just like you said, feels like I have to relearn the bike and I did mention that suspension needs different adjustment now! Your right about money well spent and it looks great, love the blue black! I'm now a member of the lighten your wheels church and will preach to any and all:D

6,048 Posts
The Blue is working !!!
Very very very nice.
Lots of attention to detail!!
I can picture the big grin on your face riding the Creature of the Blue Lagoon

If I was not so dang busy I'd like to start up a SC project as well.
You have inspired me to getting back in the shop for my own build !!!

·
301 Posts
Looks great muzzman, congratulations!

I have been using supercorsas for years and cannot fault them. I usally get 3000 km out of a set.
What's the red thing in the garage?

Cheers,
SM

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looking Great Muzz!
That front end goes up easy...sweet!

·
Registered
292 Posts
haha- looks great, what a ride day. I bet everyone on your alley is really happy to hear you come home safe and sound. My neighbors are always so pleased to hear me arrive home I think :)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I know that it's probably too late, but next time you decide to custom make some insane parts please let me know so I can grab a set of whatever it is as well :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts