Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking and even posting (some:think:) but i never posted any photos of my '08 Black 1098s....If I had to describe in one word it would be GRUNT, this bike has massive GRUNT :D So here she is..almost all the mods are done except for the ceramic coating of the exhaust.

then the beauty, the sound......

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a beauty. Is it me or your headlights have slight tint?
Yeh....Tented stone guard, I'll most likely pull it off when the time changes back in October....Don't really know, Look's kind'a cool though :D Cheap and easy to apply and remove.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
She's a beauty for sure, very nice. Unusual to see a fitted Arrow exhaust on a 1098 or any Ducati superbike. Looks very cool. Why would you ceramic coat your exhaust? To lower the heat coming off the pipes? IMO it's a waste of money and looks terrible too. Do you think lowering the temps by 100 degrees or two will really have an effect on a exhaust that gets so hot?
Didn't mean to offend you but if it's to lower the amount heat eminating from the exhaust, it's a waste......if it's for aesthetic purposes, to each his own.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
She's a beauty for sure, very nice. Unusual to see a fitted Arrow exhaust on a 1098 or any Ducati superbike. Looks very cool. Why would you ceramic coat your exhaust? To lower the heat coming off the pipes? IMO it's a waste of money and looks terrible too. Do you think lowering the temps by 100 degrees or two will really have an effect on a exhaust that gets so hot?
Didn't mean to offend you but if it's to lower the amount heat eminating from the exhaust, it's a waste......if it's for aesthetic purposes, to each his own.
Well yes heat is the problem......I live in Texas and it's a HOT :eek: HOT MoFO in the summer and actually the ceramic coating will lower pipe temps 400+ deg, I've ridden other 1098 s' like that and the improvements are significant :D .

Arrows it's the sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU3N...B9D574DC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13 plus the titanium with carbon fiber end caps only cost $600 new on eBay.

Your right though...........I'm kind'a a weird guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts