Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shall we start a Terblanche versus Tamburini thread and get things livened up in here???

LOL!

·
Administrator
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm..

Would hagas be Irish?
Of course, the chinese have that 1000 year old egg.

OY!

·
Administrator
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yuck!

Unfortunately, I got swindled into trying the 1000 year old egg.

But does being drunk count?
I was pretty hammered when I did the hagas, and only remember it was ugly.....

ST2, what is surstroemming? I am curious....

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Rakefisk from Norway.
Rakefisk is salmon that has fermented (rotted).. And i do mean RAW rotted Salmon.

But Surströmming is pretty bad. I never eat that sh*t. It smells like.. It´s not even possible to describe it. It´s herring that has fermented.. Don´t try it. These things will set off a bio-containment alarm at an airport.

Here is everything you will want to know about surströmming
http://www.escapeartist.com/efam32/swedish.html

Note: It´s disgusting!

·
Administrator
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow...

When I was in Amsterdam, I had salted herring from a vendor on the street but it was good, and no way fermented....

But that just sounds disgusting whether salmon or herring.

Jeez, at least mexican food is cooked!

HA!

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
amullo said:
Rakefisk from Norway.
Rakefisk is salmon that has fermented (rotted).. And i do mean RAW rotted Salmon.

But Surströmming is pretty bad. I never eat that sh*t. It smells like.. It´s not even possible to describe it. It´s herring that has fermented.. Don´t try it. These things will set off a bio-containment alarm at an airport.

Here is everything you will want to know about surströmming
http://www.escapeartist.com/efam32/swedish.html

Note: It´s disgusting!
Rakfisk is great! I still have some from my last trip to Norway! I even served it as an appetizer at Christmas dinner last year. And Rakfisk is trout, not salmon. The best is wild trout, but farmed sea-trout is also used.

But surstroemming is in a class by itself. I still have a can of that, if anyone wants to try it.

Hey Anders, are you supposed to eat it before the date on the can, or after?

We tried it once, and left the rest out for wild animals. Three months later, nothing had touched it!

What I also have in the fridge from Norway is a smalahove, a burnt, brined, smoked sheep's head, that is ready to eat except it first must be steamed for 2 1/2 hours. Most Norweigians that I know are afraid to try it, and they are waiting for my report.

Tom

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
st2lemans said:
Hey Anders, are you supposed to eat it before the date on the can, or after?

Tom
Your suppose to eat it right before the can explodes.. That is.. it builds up alot of pressure during the fermenting proces. Enough so that the can expands. When the sides of the Can no longer touch the table, THAT is when you open it (and the whole neigborhood suffers)

The date on the can is a joke to most swedes who eat it. The joke is that the longer you wait, the "better" it tastes.

The can.. opened by a CHICKEN!

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
amullo said:
The can.. opened by a CHICKEN!
In other words, you opened it under water?

I was told that we didn't eat it correctly, which is why we didn't like it. We ate it straight from the can, and we should have eaten it with sour cream! One of the guys from SR that was visiting last week once did the 'open the can in the auditorium and close down the school for three days' trick.

I LOVE rakorret, though. Unlike surstroemming, it's fresh, not canned. I wonder how long I can leave the ones in the fridge....

Did you like the pictures of the smalahove?

Tom

P.S. I've been working on my trip to Sweden. We have to convince SR to cough up the money, though (not an easy task). I figure 3 weeks, including Visby, Sundsvall and Ostersund. 4000km, assuming I take the train from Loerrach to Hamburg and back. How much is normal cost/km for (business) bike travel in Sweden (for accounting reasons, not actual costs)?

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
st2lemans said:
How much is normal cost/km for (business) bike travel in Sweden (for accounting reasons, not actual costs)?
Ohh.. that´s abit hard to say. We have a system in Sweden that "normally" gives you an amount of money per KM travelled if your using "your own vehicule", regardless off it being a bike or car.

And the basevalue is 23 kronor/10 km taxfree and everything above that is taxed. And it´s upp to the company to decide what you reinbursment will be.

I usually get 23-25kr/10km. That just about covers the cost off running the my car (i have a BMW Diesel) and the bike. So i normally take which ever i want, because the company doesn´t care which one they pay for.

If you are using your own vehicule, you also have a tax-deductable part of an additional 8kr/10km (motorcycle).

So my advice would be to try and get some information from SR or your employer about what reinbursment you could expect for using your own bike.. And none off the above information relates to a visiting NON-EU worker.. Í wouldn´t even begin to know what you could get.

I would want atleast 25kr/10km to drive my bike..

//amullo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts