Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
comrade moderator
26,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see more questions related to service recommendations, and items for sale, and other threads where location would have some impact on the answer, but we don't know where you are!! Please, fill out your profiles!!

While I'm at it, Please tell us what bike for sale items are for, preferably in the thread title. "Superbike" doesn't cut it.

That is all. I'm shuttin up now.

·
Administrator
6,135 Posts
It also makes it more convenient for your administrators.

Please people take a few minutes and fill out the basic info on your location!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
, , ,
:p

·
Registered
406 Posts
No Kidding

Love reading the posts: "Around Here" "In my Neighborhood" etc...

But then you look where that is... nowhere. Losers. :sleep:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Rainman said:
It also makes it more convenient for your administrators.

Please people take a few minutes and fill out the basic info on your location!
You should make the profile boxes mandatory or posting will not be allowed.

If people have periods or commas instead of info, membership will be cancelled/deleted.

I do note, however, that people leaving commas and periods instead of info are usually flakes who show up once, ask a question, get answers, then we never hear from them again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
RotoRooterGuy said:
I do note, however, that people leaving commas and periods instead of info are usually flakes who show up once, ask a question, get answers, then we never hear from them again.
Hey, that sounds like some of the women I have dated ..or something like that.
T2

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
RocketJohn said:
this site should add what Duc bikes you own in the profile so it lists them below where you live...
+1

I´d like to have a "current ride" info aswell. It gets plenty embarrasing in the Superbike section when you answer a 999 question with a 916 answer..

//amullo

·
Administrator
12,436 Posts
Putting your bike/bikes in your signature line is a BIG help and looks good too :D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
OK Scott. We all agree on it, so make it one of the basic conditions of playing in the ducati.ms sandbox.

scott said:
Putting your bike/bikes in your signature line is a BIG help and looks good too :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I did. Strange, all of the other vBulletin board I am on have made some of this stuff mandatory so I sisn't notice it was missing.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
scott said:
Scott,

Can you please PERSONALLY review ALL 5600 member profiles and note who is in compliance on profile information.

Send an e-mail to those not in compliance and ask them to update their profiles.

Then in a month check again, ALL 5600 members to determine who is still not in compliance despite your warning. Cancel those members who still refuse to update their profiles.

Should only take you about 150 hours. Hop to it dude or we are going to fire your ass.

·
Administrator
6,135 Posts
Roto,
One thing Scott is very good at is delegating.
So it would trickle down to you know who.....:p

Now what I will do is review all the profiles and BLOCK the IP's of the offenders!

HA!

·
Administrator
12,436 Posts
I delegate this to Roto... He's semi retired :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe it's paranoia from sixties substances, but providing last name and city can provide the nefarious few with enough info to find your garage and empty it. It's the same reason folks blur out their plates in photos of their bikes. Beware. Be careful.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
oldsport said:
Maybe it's paranoia from sixties substances, but providing last name and city can provide the nefarious few with enough info to find your garage and empty it. It's the same reason folks blur out their plates in photos of their bikes. Beware. Be careful.
Your concerns are valid. Ever notice on my video postings that I never show you where the garage is, that is, how to get to where I park my bikes. ;)

But in an online profile only a first name would be nice. No need for last name, DOB, etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts