Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...then I thought I'd stop by the Ducati shop...45 minutes later I'd bought
a 48 tooth slipper clutch, an ohlins rear suspension and an ohlins steering damper and kit for my 749 dark.

addiction is a terrible thing. :eek:

·
Registered
184 Posts
kozik said:
a 48 tooth slipper clutch, an ohlins rear suspension and an ohlins steering damper and kit for my 749 dark.

Shit I wish I could have that happen to me

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That steering damper will do wonders for the Dark... I thought that bike is just perfect with the exception of a missing steering damper. The 749/999 bikes really cooperate when you lean into a curve ... the geometry is just awesome that way. But that becomes a drawback for the Dark (particularly at lower speeds) ... it forces the front wheel to point into the turn... which sucks to say the least. The steering damper will cure that totally, so that's an upgrade you're really gonna like ... between that and the Ohlins rear, the bike's gonna feel like a champ !

Now, in case you are in the mood to pick-up another pack of smokes, you might want to "pick-up" some forged wheels while you're at it ... :p

·
Registered
842 Posts
kozik said:

Ouch!!

That was one expensive pack of cigarettes... but then again, after you put the parts on yer bike, you don't have time to smoke, because you're riding all the time??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i fear wheel day. I really should just powdercoat my aluminum wheels..but mags would rule...then i see those CF wheels up there on the wall..glowing...calling me... :abduct:

help me im sick.

·
Registered
184 Posts
amullo said:
You and me both! :eek:

The biggest question is
DID YOU GET ANY SMOKES!?!?!?!?

//amullo
+1 if you didnt you got screwed, whatever place you went to, to get the parts should have just given you a pack for free

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
just surfing through the pages.. To this point I don't really have the " Buy for the bike" bug however I took up rock climbing about 7 years ago and sea kayking about 9 years ago. I can't walk into a 'gear' shop of any kind without coming out having spent a hundred or so bucks.. You just see something new or shiney and you remember that the one you have is kinda old and not as flashy.. The shops I frequent know not to tell me how much I've spent when I hand the card over.. they just put it through the machine and write " phone order" on the stub.. They are good friends so it's cool like that.

Enjoy your clutch. IMO it was better investment than the smokes anyway..

Mal

·
Registered
96 Posts
No offence but what are you smok'n??? Seems like a lot of weed to spend on a bike. I mean did you have to buy it all at once and from a bike shop to boot.

Retail kills me forget about smoking

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well...i flipped a bunch of collectible toys the previous week and that cash was a burnin...heh. fun money so to speak.

the shop I use gives me a pretty good discount. prices are less or the same as I would pay online.

if you know a place i can get wholesale, let me know...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.