Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. A Italian firm who makes perimeter brakes with spokes, can use tubeless tires too. Brakko CWB.

Seasons Greetings to all:)

a GTrossi hugger would be nice too.

dream on

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
...a GTrossi hugger would be nice too.

dream on
dude - i hear you.
i'm hoping to get inventory soon, as i've got a waitlist for sport and touring huggers right now. i do have a few mono huggers available though...

when i get product in i'll post a thread as well as contacting the folks on the waitlist.

keep the faith.

g.

·
Registered
262 Posts
All I want for Christmas?

Is all the parts to go together perfectly with the 999 wheel conversion on my GT.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
wheels

the 999 wheels seems like the cool mod..
:think: But what about getting some new rims from Buchanan and lacing them up onto the Ducati hubs??? I might do this, it has to be cheaper that buying DP alloy wire wheels? for those of us that like the "Lacy things" I'm thinking black lace?????for Christmas..:think:

but silly me,I spent my x mass money on my Super Sport.. New Carbon front fender, corse style vented engine case, and pazzo levers, gold with red adjusters... :D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
the 999 wheels seems like the cool mod..
:think: But what about getting some new rims from Buchanan and lacing them up onto the Ducati hubs??? I might do this, it has to be cheaper that buying DP alloy wire wheels?
Cheaper than what? Yes, that would be much cheaper than buying new Sport wheels from Ducati, but probably not cheaper than buying used. Lacing alloy rims to your stock hubs will probably be more expensive than used cast wheels and will be much heavier and still not give you tubeless tires.

It all depends on what you want. If you want stock look with spokes but lighter rims, then used Sport wheels or lacing alloy rims to your hubs are probably similar cost - with virtually identical results. Alpina wheels will cost you a few times more (around $2200-$2400), but give you a little less weight than the stock hubs, and give you tubeless with spokes. Going tubeless looses some more weight, and at the perimeter where it matters the most (the Alpinas also look really hot). Used cast wheels can be had for a mere few hundred, and they will give you far less weight than any spoke solution, and give you tubeless. That is, by far, the best performance for your money, but you lose the spoke look. How much that matters is a purely personal decision. For more money, forged wheels will give you even less weight, with the same loss of the classic spoke look.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cheaper than what? Yes, that would be much cheaper than buying new Sport wheels from Ducati, but probably not cheaper than buying used. Lacing alloy rims to your stock hubs will probably be more expensive than used cast wheels and will be much heavier and still not give you tubeless tires.
Robert had a set of BST delivered to my house last summer to put on his 999 before our ride South. His 10 spoke Black Marchesinis set in my garage all summer for me to stare at. During that time I hit a pot hole and dented the side of both rims, picked up a nail 3 times and got tired of my ST1300 tipping into a corner easier than the GT.

So the research began this fall to make the conversion. It will achieve 3 major things for me,

Durability
Handling
Peace of mind

And as an extra, with the Black n Creme paint IMO looks good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Hmmm

I guess I thought the 999 wheels thing was very involved..
I guess I need to find a thread that explains exactly what is needed
I like the laced up look but hey for better and cheaper... I could be convinced...I guess I also thought the alloy wire wheels would be as light as the forged..???
I'll get to work researching:D:D:think::think: ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I guess I thought the 999 wheels thing was very involved..
I guess I need to find a thread that explains exactly what is needed
I like the laced up look but hey for better and cheaper... I could be convinced...I guess I also thought the alloy wire wheels would be as light as the forged..???
I'll get to work researching:D:D:think::think: ...
Yes it is a bit involved and not cheap just cheaper than other options.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
...And as an extra, with the Black n Creme paint IMO looks good.
yes - it DOES look good!
and you forgot one other benefit of cast wheels: easier to clean.

oh, and nice hugger ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts