Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my new Sport 1000 (Black) home last Saturday. Traded in a '99 M750. I love the 1000ds engine (and the bike too). Anyone installed an alarm on a Sport Classic? Am in communication with the Scorpio folks for a harness (do not want to tap into my new wires) but the Sport Classics use a different connector for the tail light and tail flashers. They are working on it....

nptonthat

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone is interested, Scorpio now has a harness (DUC-3) for the Sport. Just installed my i-300 with perimeter sensor and it just fits. I am not sure how much more safe my Sport is, but she is alarmed!

nptonthat

·
ROF
686 Posts
nptonthat said:
If anyone is interested, Scorpio now has a harness (DUC-3) for the Sport. Just installed my i-300 with perimeter sensor and it just fits. I am not sure how much more safe my Sport is, but she is alarmed!

nptonthat
I received my Scorpio alarm package on Tuesday and was up and running in about 2 hours. Oh yeah, if you have anyone around your house that is a "late sleeper" DON'T try and test this alarm!!!! ;)

I got the SR-i500 Package "B", the OEM-500 connector assembly for a Ducati Sport 1000, Perimeter sensor and built in backup battery. Total minus shipping was $416.95...

It works like a champ. I still need to "dial it in" a bit but I am very impressed.

I did NOT photo document the installation but if anyone thinking about installing an alarm in a Sport Classic they are more then welcome to contact me for details.

I ended up putting the alarm on the plastic sub-frame pan between the ECU and that large heat sink under the seat. I am now wondering if the alarm might have fit directly under the ECU. It didn't look like it would work but it might be something someone else might consider.

There were a couple of plastic supports that were not being used between the ECU and heatsink that were in way of my installation so I just used a hole saw and got them out of the way.

I then fashioned a piece of aluminum plate to cover the holes and mount the alarm. I used some RTV to "seal" the holes I cut as well as sealing the mounting screws for the plate. I wanted to keep water out of this area.

The OEM connector piece works great and the perimeter sensor mounts perfectly under the seat right up against the tank. A good central location. The antenna is routed out of the plastic sub-frame pan and routes down along the battery case. Very clean!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts