Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I want to get an alarm for my ST4s. I don't know why exactly, I just feel like it should have one.

Anyone have any experience installing one on the ST, specifically a 2003 ST4s? What brand? Any gotchas?

I've been looking at the Scorpio SR-i500SE. I know the bike has an immobilizer, but I want something more.

-Bob

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
ryanr256 said:
For some reason I want to get an alarm for my ST4s. I don't know why exactly, I just feel like it should have one.

Anyone have any experience installing one on the ST, specifically a 2003 ST4s? What brand? Any gotchas?

I've been looking at the Scorpio SR-i500SE. I know the bike has an immobilizer, but I want something more.

-Bob
Just wanted to add that to most people, the flashing light of the immobilizer looks like an alarm! I've had comments from people at motels while I was packing up who said they were admiring the Duc, but didn't get too close because they saw the alarm flashing.

·
Registered
835 Posts
is an alarm worth getting? i think it would be nice to have one on the duck.. i would hate to leave mine far from me..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alarm

Good Point Turbo!!! I Have Had The Same Experience With My 05 St4s. But I Always Lock The Steering And Use The Wheel Lock As Well.

Giddy Up
Allen

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a buddy get his custom stolen in reno at street vibrations last year. We all parked in the sparks PD parking lot and they stole it right out from under the PD's nose.

Just installed a gorilla alarm on my ST4s. Install took an hour and it makes alot of Noise.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bob,
thats a good looking unit, price is a bit steep but nice features. The RF transmitter is a great idea if you leave you bike out over night.

My St stays inside all the time, but the reno bike theft opened my eyes. I bought 2 of the cheaper units for my street bikes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The neat thing is that the seller was accepting "offers" on that listing. Of course my first offer was rediculous, but hey, it's an offer.

My third offer was accepted. It was still a lot, but the price I ended up with was way less than what I've seen the alarm sell for on the 'Net. The SE model is the top of the line and usually sells for $319+ on the online sites.

I'm lucky in that my garage doesn't face the street and the doors have no windows. Also, it's actually part of the basement and we have those 2 inch insulated doors on it. So, I'm not much worried about losing the bike at home. Another side benefit is that since the ceiling of the garage is the floor of the dining room, the garage is heated. :)

I'm thinking more about the times when my wife and I are out and stop somewhere to eat, etc.. Usually in that case I park the bike within eyesight, but sometimes it's not possible. I'll feel better with an alarm in this situation, especially when the bike isn't that far away from me.

-Bob
PS - Of course I made sure I bought mine before I posted the ebay link. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts