Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd post this for those who were curious to see it as I was. The exhaust is a LeoVince cat delete, Akrapovic slip on and ECU flash by Redline motors. The tune was very very good as tested on our dyno (thanks Redline, great work). Bike made 129whp/78ft lbs with slip on only, then 135whp/80ft lbs with exhaust mods and BMC street air filter.
Power gains were as expected, and bike is TONS smoother throughout the entire rev range. Naturally, the 11* Testastretta has a fantastic noise as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Figured I'd post this for those who were curious to see it as I was. The exhaust is a LeoVince cat delete, Akrapovic slip on and ECU flash by Redline motors. The tune was very very good as tested on our dyno (thanks Redline, great work). Bike made 129whp/78ft lbs with slip on only, then 135whp/80ft lbs with exhaust mods and BMC street air filter.
Power gains were as expected, and bike is TONS smoother throughout the entire rev range. Naturally, the 11* Testastretta has a fantastic noise as well.
Looks nice!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm currently running the LV decat with the oem silencer, I find it a bit to loud. How does the Akra sound? A little quieter? Looks awesome by the way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your exhaust

Any chance of posting a sound bite? Looks great BTW.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say it's certainly comparable to a full Termi system without the baffle as far as decibels are concerned. I ride with klipsch headphones which are basically earplugs that also play music (highly recommended). With my music on my normal low volume, you can barely hear the exhaust unless you're romping on it. With the music all the way off, the earphones eliminate most wind noise, but the exhaust is certainly noticeable (read: NOT deafening).

I guess short of the long, it wouldn't be bothersome in the least on long trips. Without earplugs I'd imagine it's pretty loud. I'll see if I can grab a quick video tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice, are you planning on fitting any hanger support for the slip on?
I was pondering if the Akra evo pipe I have at home would look good on a Leo Vinci decat, but would have to sort out the support bracket.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The support is unnecessary. The slip on weighs almost nothing. It is identical to the stock setup in terms of support.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Very nice indeed. Did you mail Redline your stock ecu to get flashed?

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's the exact setup I'm considering... My only concern is how loud it might be.... I when I ride I typically spend all day on the bike when I'm out for a ride, 300-600 miles in a day... On the overnight trips I'm sure the bags will help, but I also don't want to piss the wife off with too much noise.

I have Akrapovic slip-ons on my V-Strom, but they have a removable db insert... I shortened it to fine tune the sound to my liking... Too bad there wasn't something like that for this, but I guess they figure it's a slip-on that doesn't remove the original muffler... Too bad...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts