Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,217 Posts
Damn that exhaust looks nice. Makes me want to buy the bike just to get the exhaust. Looks like the WSBK setup.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,309 Posts
Nice find SoCalDuc.

Hard to say from the pic but I wonder if this exhaust also does away with the whole servo motor and cable that operates the sound baffle doorway in the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I really like this style exhaust. I think it looks great on the Pani, and looks great on the SS as well.

Who's going to be the first to build and install a similar version on a carby SS?

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
On a carby the trick will be getting the exhaust routed inside the swingarm instead of outside like this.

Placing the cans outside the frame and using shorty cans would be easy it is pretty much like shorter high mounts used to be outside of the frame.

I do like the looks but I am still not crazy about exhaust systems costing $3,000.00. Realistically it is a $2,000.00 system with a $1000.00 ecu. I had better get used to it because it is the new normal, I would just have a custom made for that price.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
On a carby the trick will be getting the exhaust routed inside the swingarm instead of outside like this.

Placing the cans outside the frame and using shorty cans would be easy it is pretty much like shorter high mounts used to be outside of the frame.

I do like the looks but I am still not crazy about exhaust systems costing $3,000.00. Realistically it is a $2,000.00 system with a $1000.00 ecu. I had better get used to it because it is the new normal, I would just have a custom made for that price.
Wow ducvet, that system is wild - how did it go?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nice find SoCalDuc.

Hard to say from the pic but I wonder if this exhaust also does away with the whole servo motor and cable that operates the sound baffle doorway in the stock exhaust.
The Akrapovic full system replaces everything from cylinder heads to muffler tips, including the servo motor/cable/baffle.

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
The exhaust fit very well, I am waitiing on a custom tail and fuel tank so I have not run the bike yet with this exhaust. I have a set of FCR's to jet in so I will get to know it pretty well.

The system looks very much like a Doug Cook system, it was bought used off ebay so there is no way to be 100% sure but from the details I am betting it is a system Doug made for a 1000ss we de-stroked for a race class. It was set up for the 1000 motor when received and the cans were made to use a Dp killer which Doug never used on any of his systems. The Db killers were restictors to lower Hp so the bike did not make too much power. As is there are no restrictors (which added power on that bike) But I may play with some to see how it does.

Now back to the thread at hand ...
I wonder how many copycats of that system will be out soon? I guess that Rapidbike and others had better get moving on what we can do on the fuel side of things next.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
I'm hoping/waiting for a Termi system to see what they come up with. I really feel like they are a good brand pairing with Ducati, like Yoshimura/Suzuki or Vance&Hines/Yamaha. Which now that I say it out loud I realize just how much I have dated myself.

Reactions: motolust
1 - 12 of 12 Posts