Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got these in and all I can say is 'Wow this thing is light!!'

Can't wait to put this on our MTS Tricolore project!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Please post pics and video of the new sound. I hear it runs over 130db!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Please post pics and video of the new sound. I hear it runs over 130db!
+1 yes!

Wow - is that weight in pounds?

Awesome. Sadly, here in Victoria Australia, I would be sent directly to jail for riding something that makes as much noise as I bet that does.

I will have to love it from afar ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im not a fan of the shorty can, but I definitely liked the laser logo on the Pikes Peak race bikes versus the sticker on that one

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
the sticker really is disproportionally large...no likey.

130db? That would seem almost too loud, no?

·
Registered
545 Posts
While I personally love a great sounding exhaust as much as the next guy, I can't wait until they really start enforcing the sound laws and get these things off the road. They've gotten tougher on them out here recently, but still not near tough enough. They need to simplify the law to make it easier for the cops to enforce it. Between the Harley retards with their straight pipes and the squids who feel the need to rev their GSXXRRR1000RR with full race pipe at every light, the noise thing is just out of control.

That exhaust looks awesome and I'm sure it sounds great. Going around a racetrack.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If so, that's outrageously loud and especially so for a "touring" bike. Too loud for even some tracks like Laguna Seca where there are measured noise measures.
Some stock bikes can't even pass Laguna noise restrictions. I remember a few years back R6's were getting black flagged for intake noise at some of the trackdays I did there. Some stock Ducs have trouble as well. Most TD providers won't even let you on the track there with anything but a stock exhaust.

130DB is ridiculous and might even get you tossed from other tracks as well.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It does look like it could be rather loud. We'll see. I have pretty good Decibel Meter here so we'll give it the college try and see what she spits out. :) Stay tuned.

We'll be doing a series of videos with sound level tests with:

• Akra Full System
  • LV Midpipe w/LV Slipon
  • LV Midpipe/Termi slipon
  • Full Termi
  • Stock
(With and without dbkillers where available).

Yes..that is the weight in lbs. I picked it up easily with my little pinkie.

The Pikes Peak logo is only allowed on the 6 systems that went on the race bikes.

The decals we will remove and use the smaller one.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You must be getting old...you're repeating yourself!;) Never mind...it went away!

Any pics of your Tri color effort on the MTS. That would be interesting! I've got a Tri superbike and having a "matching" set would be cool!:D

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You must be getting old...you're repeating yourself!;) Never mind...it went away!

Any pics of your Tri color effort on the MTS. That would be interesting! I've got a Tri superbike and having a "matching" set would be cool!:D
There was some weirdness with the server. It hung and then double posted. :)

Here's a sneak peek....

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Probably one of the best Tri Color jobs I've seen so far. Decals or paint?
Thanks for the compliments. We spent many hours staring at the bike trying figure out how the lines would work. The MTS was seriously tricky to work with. So many lines that have to be considered and they all have to work together to look right.

It is all paint. We used silver pearl for the white and green pearl for the stripes. The reds are standard Ducati red. Multistrada and Tricolore decals are printed and cleared over.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks great...nice job! :yeah:

Gonna have to think about the belly pan though. Nice execution...just don't know though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The paint job looks so good. I wish they brought it out in that design. Can you post more photos of it.

We need to see/hear those pipes on a video clip.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts