Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you running the full akra EVO titanium system what are you doing for your ecu? I was thinking of running the ecu that came with the termi system for now but wondering what everyone else is running. I imagine the termi ecu will work for now but eventually I would like to get a custom map for it. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Valleyrider. Well…for what it’s worth the ‘new’ ECU that comes with the Termi was pretty useless (for the Termi). You are stuck with what I now will call the ‘age old problem’ with the Mitsubishi ECU…and that is that very few people can get ‘into’ it…and out of the few who can…some will be honest and tell you even if they re-map for you, it’s not likely to be right. People like CJS, Doug, and the Rexxer people can stick in a map that they have dyno developed on a 1200 with…in my case the Termi…but it stands little chance of being ‘right’ due to the huge variability of these engines. CJS’s Termi map needed up to +/- 20% changes making to some areas of it (by the use of a PCV)…and several hours of a really good dyno man doing the work. There simply is not an easy answer to this. (And the PCV solution has it’s limitations). If you can take your bike to the likes of Doug…get it on his Dyno…he can create a specific custom table (I am told)…and that has to be the best answer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would advise against using the Termi ECU. Even the map for the Termi system used on the Power Commander required a lot (14 passes) of tweaking to iron out the flat spots.

If you're blowing the change on the full akra - continue on with a PC V, and O2 optimizer (NOT a fatduc), and a full map (both banks).

You won't regret it :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Great Map

Termi ecu with new map made for it. No O2 sensors No PC5. Nice and flat For TQ. Brian (Boulder Motor Sports) has this map on file. Just a heads up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Another suggestion would be to reflash the stock ECU. We run this on ours with very good results. We had ours done by Redline Motorsports.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, Ill see if someone locally can reflash for me if not ill send it out.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Why not the Fat Duc O2's? I see Dynojet makes 'em as well as Fat Duc....is there a difference?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Why not the Fat Duc O2's? I see Dynojet makes 'em as well as Fat Duc....is there a difference?
I'm paraphrasing what I've been told, so no flames if I don't word this correctly.

The FATDuc 'tricks' the sensor.

The 02 optimizer allows the PC V to tune below 4k RPM.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm paraphrasing what I've been told, so no flames if I don't word this correctly.

The FATDuc 'tricks' the sensor.

The 02 optimizer allows the PC V to tune below 4k RPM.
The fat duc is adjusting the value which the ecu is seeing from the o2.

Bazzaz O2 elimintators give the ECU a consistent voltage so the ECU never tries to adjust the fueling.

Go with the Bazzaz and the o2 eliminators.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone tried one of those self mapping auto tune kits you can purchase to get with the ecu for bazzaz or powercommander? They seem interesting but no clue as to how well they may work.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Installed the arkapovic system today! What would have been a 2 hour install turned into a 6.5 hour job because of one hard to reach bolt that stripped. I think every finger was bleeding at some point but it's finally done! Running it on the termi ecu for now and it seems to be running fine so far but time and a real ride will tell. When time comes I'll be sending my ecu to BMS for the reflash, thank ebrew for that one! Sounds as close to a straight piped ducati as I imagine one would sound like. Since I ride my bike mostly as a city and Sport bike the loudness for a touring bike doesn't affect me as much.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's one I have handy right now. I just sent out the ecu to get reflashed so once it comes back a proper ride will be in store and I'll get a few more photos up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has the Akra a db-killer and do you use it? Is it to loud without?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No db killer made for this system, it's a full race exhaust. It sounds like a straight pipe ducati so yes it is very loud but not quite as loud as a straight pipe Harley, close but just quite. It took a few days to get used to the noise level but I like it now. Noone expects to see or hear a ducati this loud. The box was sealed with a sticker that states this exhaust is not to be used or installed on a bike in California that is registered for the street as it will not meet any type of noise regulation. I view my bike as an attention grabber so a loud exhaust just helps grab their attention even more, tell and knowing only 20 were for sell in the US helps with the exclusivity of it. Handroid gloves and a dainsese tattoo jacket help that as well, no getting around being seen and heard now. I figure if a I have one of the most popular ducati's out there I might as well have something to set mine apart. Customizing a bike to make it your own is one of the many joys of owning a bike, riding the pants off of it is another great joy! No point in owning a ducati unless it gets riden as one should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need to hear this system!

Is anybody running the akrapovic evo system around northern LA and are you going to out and about soon? I need to hear it on the bike before I order it to make sure it will be right for me.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
We have a video on Youtube. Granted it's not like the real thing but I can tell you it is loud! I forgot to use ear plugs while making that video and my ears were ringing after. We run ours on the stock ECU with a reflash and it does run really nice.

That rear header screw is a bitch if it is virgin from the factory. Tends to seize and get stripped when being removed the first time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts