Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone know how to get to the bolts on the bottom of the 796 airbox? Trying to install the mwr high efficiency lid. TIA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, the pictures in your thread aren't there anymore but it's nice to know someone has actually done it.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Go to the end of the thread. I reposted everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superb mate, giving another go this weekend with a few more tools to hand. Did you find the mwr lid made much of a difference and did you get it mapped afterwards? This is why I need the airbox out.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
It definitely increased the noise level the rider experiences. I'm fairly certain my bike is louder for the rider than for people behind the bike.

As for performance, I made the mod and similar time as I did other mods (exhaust and DP ECU). I've never put the bike on a dyno. There are some others that performed this mod and tested them. The results were near that of putting the velocity stands and pods on. Once you see the air intake, you will be surprised at how small the hole is into the airbox.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting a custom exhaust made up for me and I'll remap the original ecu. I've seen the hole in the airbox lid, what were they thinking!!!?

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I'm getting a custom exhaust made up for me and I'll remap the original ecu. I've seen the hole in the airbox lid, what were they thinking!!!?
Safety feature. If you dump it in the crick, there's a lower chance that you will fill your air box, which gives you a higher chance of getting home rather than eaten by a bear. I think Ducati calls it sopportare la sicurezza.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts